Harold M Burkhart
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Interdigitating arch reconstruction eliminates recurrent coarctation after the Norwood procedureHarold M Burkhart
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Universaity of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, 200 Hawlins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:61-5. 2005..We sought to determine whether evolving techniques of aortic arch reconstruction used during the Norwood procedure decreased the incidence of postoperative aortic arch obstruction...
- Complete cavopulmonary shunt completion after in utero balloon atrial septoplasty for hypoplastic left heart syndromeNicholas H Von Bergen
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, The University of Iowa Children s Hospital, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:1355-6. 2007
- Norwood modification in a patient with hypoplastic left heart and a right aortic archPriti M Patel
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:1065-6. 2007
- Use of recombinant factor VIIa (NovoSeven) in pediatric cardiac surgeryScott D Niles
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Extra Corpor Technol 40:241-8. 2008..The rate of bleeding (mL/kg/h) was improved in patients < 30 kg for the first 2 hours in the ICU. For individuals > 30 kg, there was no apparent benefit from the administration of rFVIIa...
- Heparin allergy: successful desensitization for cardiopulmonary bypassKalpaj Parekh
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:1455-6. 2005
- Outcomes for patients with an aortopulmonary window, and the impact of associated cardiovascular lesionsRajesh Bagtharia
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cardiol Young 14:473-80. 2004..87 (p = 0.009). The outcome for an isolated lesion is excellent. Mortality occurs mainly before repair, mostly with complex associated lesions, particularly interruption of the aortic arch...
- Prevention of early sudden circulatory collapse after the Norwood operationNilto C De Oliveira
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hospital for Sick Children, and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 110:II133-8. 2004..The current study examines early outcomes after the Norwood operation in our unit in an attempt to identify variables that may have altered the risk of unexpected circulatory collapse...
- Atrioventricular septal defects: effect of bridging leaflet division on early valve functionRandall S Fortuna
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 77:895-902; discussion 902. 2004..Bridging leaflet division may facilitate repair of atrioventricular septal defects (AVSD). However, the consequences of bridging leaflet division on early valve function and mortality are not well defined...
- Pulmonary regurgitation after tetralogy of Fallot repair: clinical features, sequelae, and timing of pulmonary valve replacementNaser M Ammash
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 2:386-403. 2007..Early results of percutaneous pulmonary valve replacement are also promising...
- Coarctation of the aorta presenting as systemic hypertension in a young adultJorge R Alegria
University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 5:484-8. 2008..A 20-year-old male presented with a history of systemic hypertension. Examination revealed a systolic murmur with an early ejection click, and femoral pulses were markedly reduced...
- Valve-preserving aortic root reconstruction: a comparison of techniquesHarold M Burkhart
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 12:62-7. 2003..Controversy exists with regard to the indications and technique for valve-preserving aortic root reconstruction. Here, the authors' clinical experience with three techniques is reported...