Heather M Burke
Affiliation: University of California
- Depressive symptoms are associated with blunted cortisol stress responses in very low-income womenHeather M Burke
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Psychosom Med 67:211-6. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine the association between depressive symptoms and salivary cortisol responses to stress in a high-risk population of very poor Mexican women...
- Depression and cortisol responses to psychological stress: a meta-analysisHeather M Burke
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 30:846-56. 2005..This blunted reactivity-impaired recovery pattern observed among the afternoon studies was most pronounced in studies with older and more severely depressed patients...
- Salivary cortisol levels in children of low-income women with high depressive symptomatologyLia C H Fernald
University of California, Berkeley, 50 University Hall, MC 7360, Berkeley, CA94720 7360, USA
Dev Psychopathol 20:423-36. 2008..These results suggest that among very low-income families, high maternal depressive symptoms are associated with hypoactivity of the HPA system in children, particularly boys...
- Dysregulated diurnal cortisol pattern is associated with glucocorticoid resistance in women with major depressive disorderMichael R Jarcho
Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology and Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Biol Psychol 93:150-8. 2013..Given that altered HPA axis functioning has been implicated in several somatic conditions, the present findings may be relevant for understanding the pathophysiology of both depression and depression-related physical disease...
- Serum BDNF levels before treatment predict SSRI response in depressionOwen M Wolkowitz
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA 94143, United States
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:1623-30. 2011..It is also unknown whether pre-treatment serum BDNF levels predict antidepressant response...