Mark E Burkard
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Feasibility of 4 cycles of docetaxel and cyclophosphamide every 14 days as an adjuvant regimen for breast cancer: a Wisconsin Oncology Network studyMark E Burkard
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, Madison, WI Hematology Oncology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI Electronic address
Clin Breast Cancer 14:205-11. 2014..We tested whether it is feasible to deliver TC on a dose-dense schedule, with therapy completed within 10 weeks...
- Validating cancer drug targets through chemical geneticsMark E Burkard
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center and Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1806:251-7. 2010..One approach, referred to as chemical genetics, accomplishes this by genetic control of chemical susceptibility. Chemical genetics is a crucial tool for the rational development of cancer drugs...
- High mitotic activity of Polo-like kinase 1 is required for chromosome segregation and genomic integrity in human epithelial cellsRobert F Lera
Department of Medicine and the University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
J Biol Chem 287:42812-25. 2012..These results demonstrate that different thresholds of Plk1 activity can elicit distinct phenotypes, illustrating a general method for separating pleiotropic functions of a protein kinase even when these are executed close in time...
- Aromatase inhibitors and calcium absorption in early stage breast cancerAmye Tevaarwerk
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Room 4124, 1685 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI, 53705 2281, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 134:245-51. 2012..The null effect of AI therapy on TFCA might relate to the brief duration of AI therapy, the minimal effect of AI therapy on estradiol levels, subjects' high calcium intake or excellent vitamin D status...
- Interphase cytofission maintains genomic integrity of human cells after failed cytokinesisAlka Choudhary
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:13026-31. 2013..Thus, traction-mediated cytofission, originally observed in Dictyostelium, is relevant to human biology--where it seems to be an evolutionarily conserved mechanism that can preserve genomic integrity...
- Adjuvant therapy for HER2+ breast cancer: practice, perception, and toxicityGabrielle Rocque
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research, 6th Floor, 1111 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:713-21. 2012..Myelosuppression from TCH is greater than AC-TH, but can be mitigated with routine G-CSF...
- The final link: tapping the power of chemical genetics to connect the molecular and biologic functions of mitotic protein kinasesRobert F Lera
Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Molecules 17:12172-86. 2012..We believe a complete "chemical genetic toolbox" will ultimately allow a comprehensive understanding of how protein kinases regulate mitosis...
- Cytotoxicity of paclitaxel in breast cancer is due to chromosome missegregation on multipolar spindlesLauren M Zasadil
Department of Cell and Regenerative Biology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Sci Transl Med 6:229ra43. 2014..This mechanistic insight may be used to improve selection of future antimitotic drugs and to identify a biomarker with which to select patients likely to benefit from paclitaxel. ..