Gilbert J Burckart
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Ciclosporin aerosol in lung transplantationGilbert J Burckart
University of Southern California, Department of Pharmacy, 1985 Zonal Avenue, PSC 100, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 15:981-6. 2006....
- Pharmacogenetics in transplant patients: can it predict pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics?Gilbert J Burckart
University of Southern California School of Pharmacy, Los Angeles, USA
Ther Drug Monit 28:23-30. 2006..At this point, treatment algorithms can be developed that will allow us to individualize a transplant patient's immunosuppressive therapy...
- Pharmacogenomics and lung transplantation: clinical implicationsG J Burckart
Department of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 6:301-10. 2006
- Transplant pharmacy: 30 years of improving patient careGilbert J Burckart
Department of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, 1540 Alcazar St, CHP 217E, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:1261-3. 2007
- Qualification of biomarkers for drug development in organ transplantationGilbert J Burckart
School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 8:267-70. 2008....
- Sequential analysis of tacrolimus dosing in adult lung transplant patients with ABCB1 haplotypesHongXia Zheng
PharmD, University of Southern California, 1985 Zonal Avenue, PSC 100, Los Angeles, CA 90033 1086, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 45:404-10. 2005..Sequential analysis of drug dosing and haplotypes relationships can provide important information about the induction or inhibition of drug-drug and disease-drug interactions among specific haplotypes...
- Impact of ABCB1 (MDR1) haplotypes on tacrolimus dosing in adult lung transplant patients who are CYP3A5 *3/*3 non-expressorsJian Wang
University of Southern California, 1985, Zonal Ave, PSC 100, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Transpl Immunol 15:235-40. 2006..The objective of this study was to assess the effect of ABCB1 haplotypes from 3 distinct polymorphic sites on the tacrolimus level/dose [L/D] in lung transplant patients limited to CYP3A5 *3/*3 non-expressors...
- Lack of effect of P-glycoprotein inhibition on renal clearance of dicloxacillin in patients with cystic fibrosisPaul M Beringer
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:883-94. 2008..To determine whether upregulation of P-glycoprotein is responsible for the enhanced renal clearance of dicloxacillin in patients with cystic fibrosis...
- Probenecid, but not cystic fibrosis, alters the total and renal clearance of fexofenadineShanshan Liu
Department of Pharmacy, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 48:957-65. 2008..Probenecid administration significantly reduced the total body and renal clearance of fexofenadine. ABCB1 3435 C/T was associated with an elevated efflux activity compared with C/C subjects...
- The impact of P-glycoprotein and Mrp2 on mycophenolic acid levels in miceJian Wang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Southern California, 1042 Downey Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089, United States
Transpl Immunol 19:192-6. 2008..Drug-transporter interactions must be considered in patients receiving mycophenolic acid products...
- Tacrolimus dosing in adult lung transplant patients is related to cytochrome P4503A5 gene polymorphismHongXia Zheng
School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, 1985 Zonal Avenue, PSC 100, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 44:135-40. 2004..This was not uniformly true for MDR1. The authors therefore conclude that tacrolimus dosing in adult lung transplant patients is associated with CYP3A5 gene polymorphisms...
- A novel variant L263F in human inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase 2 is associated with diminished enzyme activityJian Wang
Department of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:283-90. 2007..Therefore, the objective of this study was to identify and functionally characterize IMPDH2 variants...
- A novel method for monitoring glucocorticoid-induced changes of the glucocorticoid receptor in kidney transplant recipientsYan Chen
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Transpl Immunol 20:249-52. 2009....
- The impact of pharmacogenomic factors on acute persistent rejection in adult lung transplant patientsH X Zheng
School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, 1985 Zonal Avenue, PSC 100, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Transpl Immunol 14:37-42. 2005..Future prospective treatment algorithms should be developed that will incorporate the knowledge of gene polymorphisms into treatment regimens to improve the outcome following lung transplantation...
- The impact of pharmacogenomic factors on steroid dependency in pediatric heart transplant patients using logistic regression analysisH X Zheng
School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Pediatr Transplant 8:551-7. 2004..This approach identifies pharmacogenomic factors, which can be studied more extensively in larger data sets, and used in prospective studies to individualize immunosuppressive therapy following solid organ transplantation...
- Evaluation of Hepatic Impairment Dosing Recommendations in FDA-Approved Product LabelsYang Chang
School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 53:962-6. 2013..Updating the FDA guidance on PK studies in patients with impaired hepatic function could provide a standardized approach to improve the clinical usefulness of this dosing information for practitioners. ..
- Evaluation of renal drug dosing: prescribing information and clinical pharmacist approachesThomas C Dowling
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science, School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Pharmacotherapy 30:776-86. 2010....
- Species-dependent hepatic metabolism of immunosuppressive agent tacrolimus (FK-506)P N V Tata
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Xenobiotica 39:757-65. 2009..From the current in-vitro metabolism studies, the pattern of tacroliums metabolism in baboons closely resembled that in humans and thus it is ideal for studying tacroliums metabolism-related work of clinical relevance...
- Effect of age and postoperative time on cytochrome p450 enzyme activity following liver transplantationShanshan Liu
School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, 1985 Zonal Ave, PSC 100, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 45:666-73. 2005..CYP2D6 capacity was impaired after 30 days postoperatively. Younger and older OLTx patients experienced similar changes in major CYP450 enzyme capacity following liver transplantation...
- IMPDH1 gene polymorphisms and association with acute rejection in renal transplant patientsJ Wang
Department of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:711-7. 2008..Future studies of the multifactorial nature of acute rejection must consider IMPDH1 polymorphisms in MPA-treated patients...
- P-glycoprotein (P-gp) is upregulated in peripheral T-cell subsets from solid organ transplant recipientsV S Donnenberg
Department of Medicine, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 41:1271-9. 2001....
- The MDR1 polymorphisms at exons 21 and 26 predict steroid weaning in pediatric heart transplant patientsHongXia Zheng
Schools of Pharmacy and Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Hum Immunol 63:765-70. 2002..001). We conclude that (a) a significantly larger number of MDR1 3435 CC HTx patients remain on steroids at 1 year after transplantation, and (b) the MDR1 C3435T genotype is associated with the G2677 genotype in pediatric HTx patients...
- Tacrolimus dosing in pediatric heart transplant patients is related to CYP3A5 and MDR1 gene polymorphismsHongXia Zheng
Department of Pharmacy and Therapeutics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Transplant 3:477-83. 2003....
- Genetic polymorphisms impact the risk of acute rejection in pediatric heart transplantation: a multi-institutional studyDiana M Girnita
Department of Pathology, Thomas E Starzl Transplant Institute, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Transplantation 85:1632-9. 2008....
- New era in drug interaction evaluation: US Food and Drug Administration update on CYP enzymes, transporters, and the guidance processShiew Mei Huang
Office of Clinical Pharmacology, CDER, US Food and Drug Administration, 10903 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20993, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 48:662-70. 2008....
- Cyclosporine monitoring. 1986Gilbert J Burckart
Ann Pharmacother 41:1277-80. 2007
- P-glycoprotein activity is decreased in CD4+ but not CD8+ lung allograft-infiltrating T cells during acute cellular rejectionVera S Donnenberg
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Transplantation 77:1699-706. 2004..Modulation of P-glycoprotein (P-gp) activity in graft-infiltrating T cells may alter their susceptibility to immunosuppression...
- Looking beneath the surface of the CYP3A5 polymorphismGilbert J Burckart
Pediatr Transplant 11:239-40. 2007
- A randomized trial of inhaled cyclosporine in lung-transplant recipientsAldo T Iacono
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, USA
N Engl J Med 354:141-50. 2006..Topical delivery of cyclosporine in addition to conventional systemic immunosuppression might help prevent acute and chronic rejection events...
- Interleukin-10 production genotype protects against acute persistent rejection after lung transplantationHong Xia Zheng
Pharmacy and Therapeutics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 23:541-6. 2004..The objective of this study was to determine whether cytokine genotypes TNF-alpha, IL-10, IL-6, interferon-gamma, and transforming growth factor beta were associated with acute persistent rejection after lung transplantation...
- Pharmacokinetic study of mycophenolic acid in Korean kidney transplant patientsEun Kyung Cho
Graduate School of Clinical Pharmacy, Sookmyung Women s University, 53 12 Chungpadong 2 ka, Yongsan gu, Seoul, 140 742 Korea
J Clin Pharmacol 44:743-50. 2004..MPA concentrations of predose and 1- and 8-hour postdose were positively correlated with AUC...
- Cytochrome P450 mediated-drug metabolism is reduced in children with sepsis-induced multiple organ failureJoseph A Carcillo
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, 3705 5th Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15123, USA
Intensive Care Med 29:980-4. 2003..Because interleukin-6 and nitric oxide production increases in children with sepsis-induced multiple organ failure, we hypothesized impaired CYP 450 mediated drug metabolism in this population...
- Disparate distribution of 16 candidate single nucleotide polymorphisms among racial and ethnic groups of pediatric heart transplant patientsDiana M Girnita
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Transplantation 82:1774-80. 2006..Allograft failure in African-Americans remains higher than in Caucasians. Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) have been associated with altered allograft outcomes...