Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Cyber-Senga: Ugandan youth preferences for content in an internet-delivered comprehensive sexuality education programmeSheana Bull
Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
East Afr J Public Health 7:58-63. 2010..To ascertain Ugandan youth access to complete information about sexual health and identify preferences for website design and content for a comprehensive sexuality education program...
- Social media-delivered sexual health intervention: a cluster randomized controlled trialSheana S Bull
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, Colorado School of Public Health, Denver, Colorado, USA
Am J Prev Med 43:467-74. 2012..Although there is evidence that the Internet can be used effectively in supporting healthy sexual behavior, this has not yet extended to social networking sites...
- Effects of an Internet-based intervention for HIV prevention: the Youthnet trialsSheana Bull
Colorado Health Outcomes Program, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, P O Box 6508, MS F 443, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
AIDS Behav 13:474-87. 2009..We saw no intervention effects in the clinic sample. Internet-based interventions need to be more intensive to see greater effects. We need to do more to reach high risk youth online and keep their attention for multiple sessions...
- Case study: An ethics case study of HIV prevention research on Facebook: the Just/Us studySheana S Bull
MPH, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, 13001 East 17th Place, Building 500, Campus Box B 119, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 36:1082-92. 2011..To consider issues related to research with youth on social networking sites online...
- Text messaging for HIV prevention with young Black men: formative research and campaign developmentErin Wright
Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
AIDS Care 23:534-41. 2011..As technology proliferates, this work offers specific ideas for how to capitalize on new technological modalities to deliver important communications on prevention...
- A comparison of different measures of acculturation with cardiovascular risk factors in Latinos with hypertensionRicardo Padilla
Division of General Internal Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO, 80204, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 13:284-92. 2011..While more work is needed to develop proxies that can predict risk factor control and CVD outcomes, our simple measures can facilitate regular assessment of the cultural component of behavioral risk...
- A pilot programme using mobile phones for HIV preventionIvan Juzang
Department of Community and Behavioural Health, School of Public Health, University of Colorado, Mail Stop B 119, Building 500, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
J Telemed Telecare 17:150-3. 2011..There were no differences in the proportion of protected sex acts. The participants embraced the project, and were enrolled and retained in numbers that suggest such an intervention is worth examining for efficacy...
- Acculturation and outcomes among patients with heart failurePamela N Peterson
Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO, USA
Circ Heart Fail 5:160-6. 2012..In particular, those who are foreign-born and who do not speak English as their primary language may have greater challenges interacting with the health care system and thus be at greater risk for adverse outcomes...
- LUCHAR: using computer technology to battle heart disease among LatinosBonnie Leeman-Castillo
Colorado Health Outcomes Program, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Am J Public Health 100:272-5. 2010..The program shows promise for extending the reach of chronic disease prevention and self-management programs...
- Designing a cardiovascular disease prevention web site for Latinos: qualitative community feedbackRicardo Padilla
University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine in Denver, Colorado, USA
Health Promot Pract 11:140-7. 2010..Results from the focus groups are used to make recommendations on how to develop a culturally sensitive cardiovascular health care Web site for Latinos...
- Online Social Networking for HIV PreventionSheana S Bull; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. 4. Randomize discrete networks to a trial examining the efficacy of My_Network for Health_Space for maintaining abstinence, increasing condom use, and increasing testing for HIV among participants. ..