Susan V Bukata
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Orthopedic uses of teriparatideSusan V Bukata
School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 665, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Curr Osteoporos Rep 8:28-33. 2010..We review the current animal and human reports available on the uses of teriparatide in musculoskeletal diseases beyond osteoporosis...
- Short-term and long-term orthopaedic issues in patients with fragility fracturesSusan V Bukata
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 665, Rochester, NY 14534, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:2225-36. 2011..Some medical issues can contribute to the altered bone quality and must be addressed to prevent future fractures...
- Systemic administration of pharmacological agents and bone repair: what can we expectSusan V Bukata
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, United States
Injury 42:605-8. 2011..Antibodies to downstream proteins in this pathway, Dkk-1 and sclerostin, show significant promise of accelerating even normal fracture healing in preclinical animal models...
- Endogenous tissue engineering: PTH therapy for skeletal repairMasahiko Takahata
The Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Cell Tissue Res 347:545-52. 2012..g., appropriate dosing regimen and indications) and discuss the long-term potential of this drug as an adjuvant for endogenous tissue engineering...
- Teriparatide as a chondroregenerative therapy for injury-induced osteoarthritisErik R Sampson
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 665, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Sci Transl Med 3:101ra93. 2011..These preclinical findings provide proof of concept that Forteo may be useful for decelerating cartilage degeneration and inducing matrix regeneration in patients with osteoarthritis...
- Reduction of particle-induced osteolysis by interleukin-6 involves anti-inflammatory effect and inhibition of early osteoclast precursor differentiationMichael Darowish
Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Bone 45:661-8. 2009..Thus, the absence of IL-6 results in increased inflammatory bone loss...
- Teriparatide may accelerate healing in delayed unions of type III odontoid fractures: a report of 3 casesPaul T Rubery
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 23:151-5. 2010..Case Report...
- Analysis of vertical ground reaction force variables during a Sit to Stand task in participants recovering from a hip fractureJeff Houck
Department of Physical Therapy, Ithaca College Rochester Center, 1100 South Goodman St, Rochester, NY 14618, USA
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 26:470-6. 2011..The secondary purpose was to evaluate the correlation between vertical ground reaction force variables and validated functional measures...
- Dementia and hip fractures: development of a pathogenic framework for understanding and studying riskSusan M Friedman
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
Geriatr Orthop Surg Rehabil 1:52-62. 2010..Comprehensive understanding of these pathways and their relative influence on the outcome of hip fracture will guide the development of effective interventions and potentially improve prevention efforts...
- Differential effects of biologic versus bisphosphonate inhibition of wear debris-induced osteolysis assessed by longitudinal micro-CTRyosuke Tsutsumi
The Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 665, Rochester, New York 14642 0001, USA
J Orthop Res 26:1340-6. 2008..001)...