J G Buckwalter
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Gender comparisons of cognitive performances among vascular dementia, Alzheimer disease, and older adults without dementiaJ G Buckwalter
Ethel Percy Andrus Gerontology Center, Los Angeles, USA
Arch Neurol 53:436-9. 1996..We did not expect that women without dementia would perform more poorly than men without dementia on the same task...
- Pregnancy, the postpartum, and steroid hormones: effects on cognition and moodJ G Buckwalter
Andrus Gerontology Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 24:69-84. 1999..Studies beginning earlier in pregnancy and continuing for an extended period of time after delivery are needed to confirm and expand these observations...
- Pregnancy and post partum: changes in cognition and moodJ G Buckwalter
Andrus Gerontology Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Prog Brain Res 133:303-19. 2001..The embryonic state of our knowledge regarding reproductive hormones and neurobehavioral functioning is evident, as are the scientific and public health reasons to redress this lacuna...
- Gender-related cognitive deficits in Alzheimer's diseaseS McPherson
Alzheimer s Disease Center, Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1769, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 11:117-22. 1999..Results indicated the presence of gender-related cognitive deficits on tasks of confrontation naming, expressive word knowledge, and both episodic and semantic memory for women with AD, relative to findings in men...
- Virtual reality and cognitive assessment and rehabilitation: the state of the artA A Rizzo
Alzheimer s Disease Research Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 44:123-45. 1997..References are provided in each section for further reading in each area reviewed...