J M Buckley
Affiliation: University of California
- Comparison of quantitative computed tomography-based measures in predicting vertebral compressive strengthJenni M Buckley
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Bone 40:767-74. 2007..g., anterior bending or in situ loading with intervertebral discs intact...
- Relative strength of thoracic vertebrae in axial compression versus flexionJenni M Buckley
Biomechanical Testing Facility, UCSF SFGH Orthopaedic Trauma Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Spine J 9:478-85. 2009....
- An improved metric for quantifying the stiffnesses of intact human vertebraeJ M Buckley
Biomedical Testing Facility, UCSF SFGH Orthopaedic Trauma Institute, University of California, San Fransisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 223:537-43. 2009..The adoption of such a standard in the biomechanics field is important because it allows for inter-study comparisons of new orthopaedic treatments, such as vertebroplasty products...
- The fatigue life of contoured cobalt chrome posterior spinal fusion rodsT Q Nguyen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, 1001 Potrero Evenue, Box 1342, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 225:194-8. 2011..Since CoCr is compatible with magnetic resonance imaging and has high static strength characteristics, the results of this study suggest that it may be an appropriate substitute for Ti...
- How placement affects force and contact pressure between a volar plate of the distal radius and the flexor pollicus longus tendon: a biomechanical investigationA M Matityahu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, CA, USA
J Hand Surg Eur Vol 38:144-50. 2013..This study illustrates that in order to minimize contact pressure on the flexor tendons, plating distal to the watershed line should be avoided when possible...