Erin M Buckley
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Noninvasive measurement of cerebral blood flow and blood oxygenation using near-infrared and diffuse correlation spectroscopies in critically brain-injured adultsMeeri N Kim
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Pennsylvania, 209 South 33rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurocrit Care 12:173-80. 2010....
- Noninvasive cerebral perfusion imaging in high-risk neonatesDonna A Goff
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Semin Perinatol 34:46-56. 2010..Herein we discuss the instrumentation, applications, and limitations of these noninvasive imaging techniques for measuring and/or monitoring CBF...
- Validation of diffuse correlation spectroscopic measurement of cerebral blood flow using phase-encoded velocity mapping magnetic resonance imagingErin M Buckley
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Physics and Astronomy, 3231 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biomed Opt 17:037007. 2012..77, slope=0.99±0.12, p<0.001. The relationship between VENC MRI in the aorta and DCS, a negative control, was weakly correlated, R=0.46, slope=1.77±0.45, p<0.001...
- Cerebral hemodynamics in preterm infants during positional intervention measured with diffuse correlation spectroscopy and transcranial Doppler ultrasoundErin M Buckley
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Pennsylvania, 209 S 33rd St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Opt Express 17:12571-81. 2009....
- Cerebral oxygen metabolism in neonates with congenital heart disease quantified by MRI and opticsVarsha Jain
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 34:380-8. 2014..69, 0.67, 0.67; P<0.001), permitting calibration of DOS/DCS indices. The results suggest that MRI and optics offer new tools to evaluate cerebral hemodynamics and metabolism in CHD neonates...
- Sodium bicarbonate causes dose-dependent increases in cerebral blood flow in infants and children with single-ventricle physiologyErin M Buckley
Division of Neurology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatr Res 73:668-73. 2013..This pilot observational study quantifies relative changes in cerebral blood flow (ΔrCBF) and oxy- and deoxyhemoglobin concentrations (ΔHbO2 and ΔHb) due to bolus administration of NaHCO3 in patients with mild base deficits...
- Blood flow and oxygenation changes due to low-frequency repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation of the cerebral cortexRickson C Mesquita
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biomed Opt 18:067006. 2013..29). In total, these findings provide new information about hemodynamic/metabolic responses to low-frequency rTMS and, importantly, demonstrate the feasibility of DCS/DOS for noninvasive monitoring of TMS-induced physiologic effects...
- Direct measurement of tissue blood flow and metabolism with diffuse opticsRickson C Mesquita
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Philos Trans A Math Phys Eng Sci 369:4390-406. 2011....
- Time to surgery and preoperative cerebral hemodynamics predict postoperative white matter injury in neonates with hypoplastic left heart syndromeJennifer M Lynch
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA Electronic address
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 148:2181-8. 2014..Approximately one half of HLHS survivors will exhibit neurobehavioral symptoms believed to be associated with this injury, although the exact timing of the injury is unknown...
- Noninvasive optical quantification of cerebral venous oxygen saturation in humansJennifer M Lynch
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Physics and Astronomy, 209 South 33rd St, Philadelphia, PA 19104 Electronic address
Acad Radiol 21:162-7. 2014....
- Early postoperative changes in cerebral oxygen metabolism following neonatal cardiac surgery: effects of surgical durationErin M Buckley
Division of Neurology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 145:196-203, 205.e1; discussion 203-5. 2013....
- Optical measurement of cerebral hemodynamics and oxygen metabolism in neonates with congenital heart defectsTurgut Durduran
ICFO Institut de Ciencies Fotoniques, Av Canal Olimpic s n, Castelldefels 08860, Spain
J Biomed Opt 15:037004. 2010..7, p=0.01). The study demonstrates use of NIRS-DCS on a critically ill neonatal population, and the results indicate that the optical technology is a promising clinical method for monitoring this population...