Genomes and Genes
Michael J Buck
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- ChIPOTle: a user-friendly tool for the analysis of ChIP-chip dataMichael J Buck
Department of Biology, Carolina Center for Genome Sciences, CB 3280, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3280, USA
Genome Biol 6:R97. 2005..Implemented as a Microsoft Excel macro written in Visual Basic, ChIPOTle uses a sliding window approach that yields improvements in the identification of bona fide sites of protein-DNA interaction...
- Networks of coevolving sites in structural and functional domains of serpin proteinsMichael J Buck
Department of Genetics and The Center for Computational Biology, North Carolina State University, USA
Mol Biol Evol 22:1627-34. 2005..This research provides a better understanding on how protein structure evolves; in particular, it elucidates the selective forces creating coevolution among protein sites...
- A chromatin-mediated mechanism for specification of conditional transcription factor targetsMichael J Buck
Department of Biology and the Carolina Center for Genome Sciences, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Nat Genet 38:1446-51. 2006....
- The stress response factors Yap6, Cin5, Phd1, and Skn7 direct targeting of the conserved co-repressor Tup1-Ssn6 in S. cerevisiaeSean E Hanlon
Department of Biology, Carolina Center for Genome Sciences and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19060. 2011....
- The RNA polymerase II kinase Ctk1 regulates positioning of a 5' histone methylation boundary along genesTiaojiang Xiao
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 405 Mary Ellen Jones, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7260, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:721-31. 2007....
- Improved ChIP-chip analysis by a mixture model approachWei Sun
Department of Biostatistics, Carolina Center for Genome Sciences, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 10:173. 2009..Most existing methods were designed for the identification of relatively sparse peaks, in the presence of replicates...
- Global analysis of the relationship between the binding of the Bas1p transcription factor and meiosis-specific double-strand DNA breaks in Saccharomyces cerevisiaePiotr A Mieczkowski
Department of Biology and Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 3280, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:1014-27. 2006..These results argue that both local and regional factors affect the level of meiotic recombination...
- ChIP-chip: considerations for the design, analysis, and application of genome-wide chromatin immunoprecipitation experimentsMichael J Buck
Department of Biology and Carolina Center for Genome Sciences, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280, USA
Genomics 83:349-60. 2004....
- Phylogenetic analysis of plant basic helix-loop-helix proteinsMichael J Buck
Department of Genetics and The Center for Computational Biology, North Carolina State University, Campus Box 7614, Raleigh, NC 27695 7614, USA
J Mol Evol 56:742-50. 2003..We suggest that plant bHLH proteins are under weaker selective constraints than their animal counterparts and that lineage specific expansions and subfunctionalization have fashioned regulatory proteins for plant specific functions...
- Loss of a histone deacetylase dramatically alters the genomic distribution of Spo11p-catalyzed DNA breaks in Saccharomyces cerevisiaePiotr A Mieczkowski
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:3955-60. 2007..Some of the genes with altered frequencies of DSBs (including the ribosomal RNA gene cluster) are known targets of Sir2p deacetylation in the wild-type strain...