Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- A ribosomal S-6 kinase-mediated signal to C/EBP-beta is critical for the development of liver fibrosisMartina Buck
Department of Medicine and Moores Cancer Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e1372. 2007..Here we show that activation of RSK and phosphorylation of C/EBPbeta on Thr217 in activated HSC is critical for the progression of liver fibrosis...
- Direct infection and replication of naturally occurring hepatitis C virus genotypes 1, 2, 3 and 4 in normal human hepatocyte culturesMartina Buck
Department of Medicine and Moores Cancer Center, University of California, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2660. 2008..The current Huh-7 systems use cloned, synthetic HCV RNA expressed in hepatocellular carcinoma cells to produce virions, but these cells cannot be infected with naturally occurring HCV obtained from infected patients...
- C/EBPβ-Thr217 phosphorylation signaling contributes to the development of lung injury and fibrosis in miceMartina Buck
Department of Medicine, VA Healthcare Center, San Diego, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25497. 2011....
- C/EBPbeta phosphorylation rescues macrophage dysfunction and apoptosis induced by anthrax lethal toxinMartina Buck
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, and Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1788-96. 2007..These findings suggest that C/EBPbeta may play a critical role in anthrax pathogenesis, at least in macrophages...
- A novel domain of BRCA1 interacts with p53 in breast cancer cellsMartina Buck
Department of Medicine, Veterans Healthcare Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Cancer Lett 268:137-45. 2008..These results suggest that a novel domain of BRCA1 may interact with p53 in breast cancer cells...
- Targeting ribosomal S-6 kinase for the prevention and treatment of liver injury and liver fibrosisMartina Buck
Moores Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, California, USA
Drug News Perspect 21:301-6. 2008..Thus, appropriate RSK inhibitors may be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of liver injury and liver fibrosis. These issues will be discussed in this review...
- C/EBPbeta associates with caspase 8 complex proteins and modulates apoptosis in hepatic stellate cellsMartina Buck
Department of Medicine and Cancer Center, Veterans Healthcare Medical Center and University of California, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:S295-9. 2007..To analyze the role of C/EBPbeta phosphorylation on hepatic stellate cell survival/cell death...
- Pioglitazone decreases hepatitis C viral load in overweight, treatment naïve, genotype 4 infected-patients: a pilot studyMario Chojkier
Department of Medicine, San Diego VA Healthcare System, San Diego, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e31516. 2012..A secondary aim was to assess whether Prednisone, a drug that induces insulin resistance and stimulates HCV viral entry and replication in replicon culture systems, increases HCV viral load in this population...
- Signal transduction in the liver: C/EBPbeta modulates cell proliferation and survivalMartina Buck
Department of Medicine and Center for Molecular Genetics, Veterans Affairs Healthcare System and University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Hepatology 37:731-8. 2003
- Novel inflammatory biomarkers of portal pressure in compensated cirrhosis patientsMartina Buck
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, CA Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA Biomedical Sciences Program, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA
Hepatology 59:1052-9. 2014..Our diagnostic test was not efficient in predicting HVPG ≥ 12 mmHg...
- Decreased Jun-D and myogenin expression in muscle wasting of human cachexiaSonia Ramamoorthy
Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E392-401. 2009..These studies show that these molecular pathways are modulated in association with muscle wasting in patients with cancer or AIDS, and whether or not they cause muscle wasting remains to be determined...