Y J Bryson
Affiliation: University of California
- Pharmacokinetics and safety of nelfinavir when used in combination with zidovudine and lamivudine in HIV-infected pregnant women: Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group (PACTG) Protocol 353Y J Bryson
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1752, USA
HIV Clin Trials 9:115-25. 2008..We studied the safety, antiviral effect, and pharmacokinetics of NFV and its M8 metabolite with two dosing regimens in combination with zidovudine (ZDV) and lamivudine (3TC) in HIV-infected pregnant women...
- Pediatric HIV-1-specific cytotoxic T-lymphocyte responses suggesting ongoing viral replication despite combination antiretroviral therapyNatascha Ching
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, David Gefen School of Medicine at UCLA and Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Pediatr Res 61:692-7. 2007..The long-term clinical implications of these findings remain to be determined...
- Autologous neutralizing antibody to human immunodeficiency virus-1 and replication-competent virus recovered from CD4+ T-cell reservoirs in pediatric HIV-1-infected patients on HAARTNatascha Ching
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Mattel Children s Hospital UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:585-91. 2010..The observation of baseline ANAB activity with earlier plasma against a later RCV suggests that the "latent" reservoir may be established early in life before HAART...
- Cellular and humoral immune responses to a tetanus toxoid booster in perinatally HIV-1-infected children and adolescents receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)Natascha Ching
Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, 22 442 MDCC, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Eur J Pediatr 166:51-6. 2007..We therefore determined cellular and humoral immune responses to tetanus toxoid (TT) booster in perinatally HIV-1-infected children and adolescents receiving HAART...
- Interferon-gamma decreases replication of primary R5 HIV-1 isolates in thymocytesLivia Pedroza-Martins
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1747, USA
AIDS 20:939-42. 2006..Thus infection and depletion of functionally mature thymocytes that can produce endogenous IFN-gamma may mutually contribute to HIV-1 replication in the thymus and to reduced T-cell output...
- Decreased CD8 cell-mediated viral suppression and other immunologic characteristics of women who transmit human immunodeficiency virus to their infantsS Plaeger
Department of Pediatrics, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
J Infect Dis 179:1388-94. 1999..4 times greater risk of transmitting HIV to their infants. CD8 suppression and viral load were interrelated, but when either CD4 percent or AZT use was controlled for, suppression was still significant...
- Effect of protease inhibitors combined with standard antiretroviral therapy on linear growth and weight gain in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected childrenD Dreimane
Department of Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 20:315-6. 2001..Accelerated height velocity was sustained for at least 18 to 20 months...
- Perinatal transmission of major, minor, and multiple maternal human immunodeficiency virus type 1 variants in utero and intrapartumR E Dickover
Department of Pediatrics, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Virol 75:2194-203. 2001..These data indicate that different selective pressures, depending on the timing of transmission, may be involved in determining the pattern of maternal HIV-1 variant transmission...
- Pharmacokinetics of oral zidovudine administered during labour: a preliminary studyM Mirochnick
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
HIV Med 8:451-6. 2007....
- Correlation of immune activation during late pregnancy and early postpartum with increases in plasma HIV RNA, CD4/CD8 T cells, and serum activation markersHong Ha M Truong
University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 17:2024-8. 2010..The observed rise in plasma HIV RNA postpartum, which correlated with markers of immune activation, may have implications for enhanced transmission to infants through early breast-feeding and to sexual partners...
- A quantitative affinity-profiling system that reveals distinct CD4/CCR5 usage patterns among human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and simian immunodeficiency virus strainsSamantha H Johnston
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Virol 83:11016-26. 2009..Our affinity-profiling system may help to refine studies of R5 virus tropism and pathogenesis...
- Impact of cytokines on replication in the thymus of primary human immunodeficiency virus type 1 isolates from infantsLivia Pedroza-Martins
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, UCLA AIDS Institute, USA
J Virol 76:6929-43. 2002..Our studies suggest that coreceptor use by HIV primary isolates is important but is not the sole determinant of HIV pathogenesis in the thymus...