Genomes and Genes
David M Bryant
Affiliation: University of California
- From cells to organs: building polarized tissueDavid M Bryant
Department of Anatomy, University of California San Francisco, California 94143 2140, USA
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 9:887-901. 2008....
- Reduced immunoglobulin A transcytosis associated with immunoglobulin A nephropathy and nasopharyngeal carcinomaTao Su
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Biol Chem 286:44921-5. 2011..We propose that the defects in pIgR trafficking caused by the A580V mutation may underlie the pathogenesis of both diseases...
- Molecular regulation of lumen morphogenesisAnirban Datta
Department of Anatomy, University of California San Francisco, CA 94143 2140, USA
Curr Biol 21:R126-36. 2011..We here discuss progress in understanding common design principles underpinning de novo lumen formation and expansion...
- A molecular network for de novo generation of the apical surface and lumenDavid M Bryant
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 2140, USA
Nat Cell Biol 12:1035-45. 2010..This Rab11a-directed network directs Cdc42-dependent apical exocytosis during lumen formation, revealing an interaction between the machineries of vesicular transport and polarization...
- A molecular switch for the orientation of epithelial cell polarizationDavid M Bryant
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158 2140, USA
Dev Cell 31:171-87. 2014..Thus, ECM-derived signals control the morphogenesis of epithelial tissues by controlling the collective orientation of epithelial polarization. ..
- A kinase cascade leading to Rab11-FIP5 controls transcytosis of the polymeric immunoglobulin receptorTao Su
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158 2517, USA
Nat Cell Biol 12:1143-53. 2010..Finally, we demonstrate that Rab11-FIP5 phosphorylation by ERK controls Rab11a endosome distribution and pIgA-pIgR transcytosis. Our results reveal a novel Yes-EGFR-ERK-FIP5 signalling network for regulation of pIgA-pIgR transcytosis...
- Involvement of RhoA, ROCK I and myosin II in inverted orientation of epithelial polarityWei Yu
Department of Anatomy, Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
EMBO Rep 9:923-9. 2008..These results might be relevant to the hyperactivation of RhoA and disruption of normal polarity frequently observed in human epithelial cancers...