Affiliation: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Open and laparoscopic spleen-preserving, splenic vessel-preserving distal pancreatectomy: indications and outcomesMatias Bruzoni
Department of Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 984030 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 4030, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:1202-6. 2008..The aim of this study is to report a series of open and laparoscopic distal pancreatectomies with splenic vessel preservation...
- Comparison of short bowel syndrome acquired early in life and during adolescenceMatias Bruzoni
Department of Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Transplantation 86:63-6. 2008..We hypothesized that there may be important differences between adult patients who developed SBS during early childhood and those who develop this as adolescents...
- Low doses of pamidronate to treat osteopenia in children with severe cerebral palsy: a pilot studyHoracio Plotkin
Inherited Metabolic Diseases Section, Department of Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, NE 68198 5456, USA
Dev Med Child Neurol 48:709-12. 2006..No significant side effect was noted. Low doses of pamidronate are well tolerated and significantly increase BMD in non-ambulatory children and adolescents with CP...
- Transcervical carotid stenting with flow reversal for neuroprotection: technique, results, advantages, and limitationsIraklis I Pipinos
Department of Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 3280, USA
Vascular 14:245-55. 2006..The purpose of this review is to describe our method of transcervical carotid artery stenting, review the accumulating outcomes data, and discuss the clinical advantages of and indications for this increasingly popular technique...
- Single-site umbilical laparoscopic splenectomyMatias Bruzoni
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Lucile Packard Children s Hospital, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, California 94305, USA
Semin Pediatr Surg 20:212-8. 2011..Moreover, a brief review of the current literature in children will be presented...
- Management of the primary tumor in patients with metastatic pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor: a contemporary single-institution reviewMatias Bruzoni
Eppley Cancer Center, Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, Omaha, NE 68198 4030, USA
Am J Surg 197:376-81. 2009..There is a lack of information on the management of the primary tumor in patients who present with unresectable synchronous hepatic metastases...
- A modification of the laparoscopic transcutaneous inguinal hernia repair to achieve transfixation ligature of the hernia sacZachary Kastenberg
Department of Surgery, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:1658-64. 2011..We describe a modification of the laparoscopic-assisted transcutaneous hernia repair that achieves transfixation ligature of the hernia sac and that may further reduce recurrence...
- Pancreatic incidentalomas: clinical and pathologic spectrumMatias Bruzoni
Surgical Oncology Department, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 4030, USA
Am J Surg 195:329-32; discussion 332. 2008..Incidental abnormalities are increasingly being detected. The pathology and clinical outcome of patients with pancreatic incidentalomas have not been well characterized...