William H Brown
Affiliation: University of South Carolina
- Assessing preschool children's physical activity: the Observational System for Recording Physical Activity in children-preschool versionWilliam H Brown
Department of Educational Studies, University of South Carolina at Columbia, 29208, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 77:167-76. 2006....
- Motor skill performance and physical activity in preschool childrenHarriet G Williams
Department of Exercise Science, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1421-6. 2008..Clinicians should work with parents to monitor motor skills and to encourage children to engage in activities that promote motor skill performance...
- Directly observed physical activity levels in preschool childrenRussell R Pate
Department of Exercise Science, University of South Carolina, 921 Assembly St, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
J Sch Health 78:438-44. 2008..The purpose of this study was to describe the physical activity levels and demographic and school-related correlates of physical activity in children attending preschools, using a direct observation measurement system...
- Policies and characteristics of the preschool environment and physical activity of young childrenMarsha Dowda
Departments of Exercise Science, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Pediatrics 123:e261-6. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine policies and characteristics of preschools and the extent to which they influence the physical activity of 3- to 5-year-old children during the preschool day...
- Assessing children's physical activity in their homes: the observational system for recording physical activity in children-homeKerry L McIver
160 Minges Coliseum, Department of Exercise and Sport Science, College of Health and Human Performance, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina 27858, USA
J Appl Behav Anal 42:1-16. 2009..The system, which was shown to be reliable, provides a direct observation tool for researchers who are interested in assessing and intervening in physical activity in the home environment...
- Social and environmental factors associated with preschoolers' nonsedentary physical activityWilliam H Brown
Department of Educational Studies, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Child Dev 80:45-58. 2009..Implications for policy makers, practitioners, and researchers are discussed...