Richard L Brown
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Bearing witness: the political agenda of community-based service learningRichard L Brown
Subst Abus 26:3-4. 2005
- Effects of staffing choices on collaborative care for depression at primary care clinics in MinnesotaPamela B Pietruszewski
Ms Pietruszewski and Ms Hadzic are with the Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement, Bloomington, Minnesota Dr Mundt and Dr Brown are with the Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison Send correspondence to Dr Brown e mail
Psychiatr Serv 66:101-3. 2015..This study assessed associations between staffing of a collaborative care program for depression and enrollment in the program and remission rates...
- Configuring health care for systematic behavioral screening and interventionRichard L Brown
Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Popul Health Manag 14:299-305. 2011..The proposed model would help the United States realize improved health outcomes and cost savings as health care benefits are expanded to a greater proportion of its population...
- Randomized-controlled trial of a telephone and mail intervention for alcohol use disorders: three-month drinking outcomesRichard L Brown
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:1372-9. 2007..Telephone-administered counseling may provide answers...
- Pharmacoepidemiology of potential alcohol-prescription drug interactions among primary care patients with alcohol-use disordersRichard L Brown
Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53719, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 47:135-9. 2007..To report on the proportion of individuals with alcohol-use disorders who take prescription medications that could interact with alcohol and on the proportion who recall advice to avoid alcohol with their medications...
- Teaching patient-centered tobacco intervention to first-year medical studentsRichard L Brown
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison Medical School, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Gen Intern Med 19:534-9. 2004..Two months later, 52% of the 109 posttest respondents had applied TIBS in clinical settings, often for behaviors other than tobacco use. We conclude that medical students can gain from early training on promoting behavior change...
- Association of alcohol consumption and sleep disordered breathing in men and womenPaul E Peppard
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:265-70. 2007..In this population-based epidemiology study, our objective is to measure the association of SDB with usual alcohol consumption habits...
- A cost-benefit analysis of Wisconsin's screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment program: adding the employer's perspectiveAndrew Quanbeck
University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
WMJ 109:9-14. 2010..This paper develops a cost-benefit model that includes the employer's perspective by considering the costs of absenteeism and impaired presenteeism due to problem drinking...
- Legal-age students' provision of alcohol to underage college students: an exploratory studyRichard L Brown
The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53719, USA
J Am Coll Health 57:611-8. 2009..The authors investigated the magnitude and cultural context of legal-age university students' provision of alcohol to underage students and how such alcohol provision might be deterred...
- Interdisciplinary service-learning substance abuse projects: processes and outcomesS Lala A Straussner
New York University School of Social Work, New York, NY 10003, USA
Subst Abus 26:17-20. 2005..The ten projects are viewed within the context of service- learning and are based on a balance between the provision of services to the community and furthering the learning objectives of Project MAINSTREAM...
- Creating change agents: a national substance abuse education projectMarianne T Marcus
Association for Medical Education and Research in Substance Abuse, Providence, RI 02908, USA
Subst Abus 26:5-15. 2005..This study evaluated the effects of a national interdisciplinary faculty development program, Project MAINSTREAM, on creating curriculum enhancement in health professional education...
- WIPHL helps doctors empower patientsRichard L Brown
WMJ 107:5. 2008
- Serving patients and communitiesRichard L Brown
Fam Med 35:538; author reply 538-9. 2003
- Telephone & Mail Intervention for Alcohol Use DisordersRichard Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study has the potential to establish an efficient, cost-effective, convenient intervention for AUD's in primary and managed care settings. ..