Lynda M Brown
Affiliation: University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Intraventricular insulin and leptin reduce food intake and body weight in C57BL/6J miceLynda M Brown
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45237, USA
Physiol Behav 89:687-91. 2006..Hence, genetic manipulations that influence brain insulin sensitivity in mice can now more easily be integrated with the broader literature on energy homeostasis...
- Intraventricular (i3vt) ghrelin increases food intake in fatty Zucker ratsLynda M Brown
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237, United States
Peptides 28:612-6. 2007..Fatty Zucker rats had 4.5 times more ghrelin receptor mRNA in the hypothalamus than lean Zucker rats, suggesting a possible mechanism for the increased sensitivity...
- Comparison of DEXA and QMR for assessing fat and lean body mass in adult ratsColette N Miller
Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, P O Box 26170, Greensboro, NC, 27402 6170, USA
Physiol Behav 103:117-21. 2011..However DEXA and QMR did not yield the same estimates of FM or LBM for the majority of our samples...
- Traits of the metabolic syndrome alter corpulent obesity in LAN, SHR and DSS rats: behavioral and metabolic interactions with adrenalectomyLynda M Brown
Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina of Greensboro, Greensboro, NC 27402, United States
Physiol Behav 103:98-103. 2011..The results of the current experiment provide evidence that the corpulent mutation is not fully characterized in one strain...
- Estradiol-dependent decrease in the orexigenic potency of ghrelin in female ratsDeborah J Clegg
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, P O Box 670559, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0559, USA
Diabetes 56:1051-8. 2007....
- Metabolic impact of sex hormones on obesityLynda M Brown
Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC 27412, USA
Brain Res 1350:77-85. 2010..Understanding the mechanisms by which estrogens regulate body weight and inflammation will assist in determining potential therapeutic agents for menopausal women to decrease the propensity of diseases associated with obesity...
- The effect of TNFα on food intake and central insulin sensitivity in ratsAnnette D de Kloet
Program in Neuroscience, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237, United States
Physiol Behav 103:17-20. 2011..These data suggest that the interaction of TNFα with central insulin varies with nutritional and/or dietary conditions...
- Gonadal hormones determine sensitivity to central leptin and insulinDeborah J Clegg
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, PO Box 670559, Cincinatti, OH 45267 0559, USA
Diabetes 55:978-87. 2006..These data indicate that estrogen acts within the brain to increase leptin sensitivity, decrease insulin sensitivity, and favor subcutaneous over visceral fat...