Julie C Brown
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Emergency department analgesia for fracture painJulie C Brown
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, School of Medicine and the Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Ann Emerg Med 42:197-205. 2003..Among children, we compare treatment between pediatric and nonpediatric facilities...
- The utility of adding expiratory or decubitus chest radiographs to the radiographic evaluation of suspected pediatric airway foreign bodiesJulie C Brown
Seattle Children s Hospital and Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, WA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 61:19-26. 2013....
- Barotrauma: a complication of positive pressure for nasal foreign body removal in a pediatric patientRachel W Hills
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 52:623-5. 2008..We caution against the use of sustained, unmodulated positive pressure to dislodge a retained nasal foreign body...
- Increase in pediatric magnet-related foreign bodies requiring emergency careJonathan A Silverman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA Electronic address
Ann Emerg Med 62:604-608.e1. 2013..We describe magnetic foreign body injuries among children and obtain national estimates of magnetic foreign body injury incidence over time...
- A randomized clinical trial comparing oral, aerosolized intranasal, and aerosolized buccal midazolamEileen J Klein
Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 58:323-9. 2011..We determine whether aerosolized intranasal or buccal midazolam reduces the distress of pediatric laceration repair compared with oral midazolam...
- Ampicillin use in infant fever: a systematic reviewJulie C Brown
Division of General Academic Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105 0371, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:27-32. 2002..To estimate the prevalence of perinatal Listeria monocytogenes and enterococcal infections in outpatient febrile infants and to evaluate the need to treat with ampicillin...
- Sitting or tilt position for infant lumbar puncture does not increase ultrasound measurements of lumbar subarachnoid space widthMark D Lo
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, WA, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 29:588-91. 2013..The objective of this study was to determine whether subarachnoid space width at the site of lumbar puncture in infants changed between 3 positions: flat lateral decubitus, 45-degree tilt, and sitting...
- Hidden attraction: a menacing meal of magnets and batteriesJulie C Brown
Seattle Children s Hospital and University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
J Emerg Med 43:266-9. 2012..Magnet and button battery ingestions are increasingly common, and can result in significant morbidity. Timely identification of hazardous foreign body ingestions can be difficult in non-verbal and non-disclosing children...
- The "Superhero Cape Burrito": a simple and comfortable method of short-term procedural restraintJulie C Brown
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Emerg Med 41:74-6. 2011..Restraint is sometimes necessary to successfully perform procedures on pediatric patients in the emergency department. A papoose may be intimidating and uncomfortable, and a wrapped sheet may not keep the child's arms from wiggling free...
- Illustrative presentations of the failing heart in the acutely ill child: two case reportsDerya Caglar
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, and Seattle Children s Hospital, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Mailstop B 5520, Seattle, WA, 98105, USA
Cases J 2:9326. 2009..Abnormal vital signs (tachycardia, bradycardia, hypotension) or physical exam findings (heart murmur or gallop, right upper quadrant pain) can provide important clues to accurate and timely diagnosis...
- Hydroscopic properties of organic objects that may present as aural foreign bodiesJulie C Brown
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, 98195, USA
J Clin Med Res 2:172-6. 2010..As the degree and rate of swelling of different types of organic foreign bodies has not been established, we aimed to analyze the hydroscopic properties of different organic foreign bodies in body temperature water...