Gregory A Brown
Affiliation: University of Nebraska
- Testosterone prohormone supplementsGregory A Brown
Human Performance Laboratory, University of Nebraska at Kearney, HPERLS Department, Kearney, NE, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 38:1451-61. 2006..Moreover, the use of prohormone nutritional supplements may raise the risk for negative health consequences...
- Acute resistance exercise does not change the hormonal response to sublingual androstenediol intakeGregory A Brown
Human Performance Laboratory, HPERLS Department, The University of Nebraska at Kearney, 68849, USA
Eur J Appl Physiol 97:404-12. 2006....
- Teaching skeletal muscle adaptations to aerobic exercise using an American Physiological Society classic paper by Dr. Philip Gollnick and colleaguesGregory A Brown
Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Leisure Studies, University of Nebraska, Kearney, Nebraska 68849, USA
Adv Physiol Educ 30:113-8. 2006..This study is especially useful for illuminating the exercise-specific differences in bioenergetic enzymes, muscle fiber type, and fitness characteristics that exist between untrained and trained individuals...
- A fitness screening model for increasing fitness assessment and research experiences in undergraduate exercise science studentsGregory A Brown
Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Leisure Studies, The University of Nebraska at Kearney, Kearney, NE 68849, USA
Adv Physiol Educ 32:212-8. 2008..It has also provided students with an opportunity to practice fitness assessment and interpersonal skills that will enhance their future careers...
- Oxygen consumption, heart rate, and blood lactate responses to an acute bout of plyometric depth jumps in college-aged men and womenGregory A Brown
Human Performance Laboratory, HPERLS Department, University of Nebraska at Kearney, Kearney, Nebraska, USA
J Strength Cond Res 24:2475-82. 2010..8 m has similar energy system requirements to what Wilmore and Costill termed "Aerobic Power" training, which should enhance O2max, lactate tolerance, oxidative enzymes, and lactate threshold...
- Comparison of energy expenditure on a treadmill vs. an elliptical device at a self-selected exercise intensityGregory A Brown
Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Leisure Studies, University of Nebraska at Kearney, Kearney, Nebraska, USA
J Strength Cond Res 24:1643-9. 2010..These data indicate that during cross training or noncompetition-specific exercise, an elliptical device is an acceptable alternative to a treadmill...
- Acute hormonal response to sublingual androstenediol intake in young menGregory A Brown
Exercise Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Health and Human Performance, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
J Appl Physiol 92:142-6. 2002..14 +/- 0.02 nmol/l at 180 min. These data indicate that sublingual cyclodextrin androstenediol intake increases serum androstenedione, free testosterone, total testosterone, and estradiol concentrations...
- Urinary excretion of steroid metabolites after chronic androstenedione ingestionGregory A Brown
Exercise Biochemistry Laboratory, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:6235-8. 2004..Chronic intake of 100 mg androstenedione t.i.d. increases the urinary excretion of steroid metabolites. Due to inconsistent increases in the T/E ratio, the T/E ratio may not effectively detect androstenedione use...