R E Broughton
Affiliation: University of Oklahoma
- Mitochondrial-nuclear interactions: compensatory evolution or variable functional constraint among vertebrate oxidative phosphorylation genes?Feifei Zhang
Oklahoma Biological Survey and Department of Biology, University of Oklahoma
Genome Biol Evol 5:1781-91. 2013..This latter finding suggests that compensatory changes play a minor role in the evolution of OXPHOS genes and that the observed accelerated nu substitution rates are due largely to reduced functional constraint on noncore subunits...
- The complete sequence of the zebrafish (Danio rerio) mitochondrial genome and evolutionary patterns in vertebrate mitochondrial DNAR E Broughton
Oklahoma Biological Survey and Department of Zoology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA
Genome Res 11:1958-67. 2001..It appears that even with such a large number of nucleotide characters (11,592), limited taxon sampling can lead to problems associated with extensive evolution on long phyletic branches...
- Nuclear gene genealogies reveal historical, demographic and selective factors associated with speciation in field cricketsRichard E Broughton
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Genetics 163:1389-401. 2003....
- Spatial covariation of mutation and nonsynonymous substitution rates in vertebrate mitochondrial genomesRichard E Broughton
Oklahoma Biological Survey and Department of Zoology, University of Oklahoma, USA
Mol Biol Evol 23:1516-24. 2006....
- Current and historical hybridization with differential introgression among three species of cyprinid fishes (genus Cyprinella)Richard E Broughton
Oklahoma Biological Survey and Department of Zoology, University of Oklahoma, 111 E Chesapeake St, Norman, OK 73019, USA
Genetica 139:699-707. 2011....
- Diversification on an ecologically constrained adaptive landscapeGary A Wellborn
Department of Zoology and Biological Station, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA
Mol Ecol 17:2927-36. 2008....
- Why weight?Karl M Kjer
Rutgers, Cook College, Department of Ecology, Evolution and Natural Resources, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 43:999-1004. 2007..Others might be encouraged by these results to try weighting as a form of data exploration...