Donna K Broshek
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Psychiatric and neuropsychological issues in sport medicineDonna K Broshek
Division of Neuropsychology, Department of Psychiatric Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Box 800203, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Clin Sports Med 24:663-79, x. 2005..Greater awareness of these problems, empirical research, and education about mental health issues in the sports medicine community is clearly needed...
- Sex differences in outcome following sports-related concussionDonna K Broshek
Department of Psychiatric Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0203, USA
J Neurosurg 102:856-63. 2005..In the present study the authors evaluated the influence of patient sex on objective neurocognitive performance and subjective reporting of symptoms following sports-related concussion...
- Assessing cognitive dysfunction in breast cancer: what are the tools?Jason R Freeman
Department of Psychiatric Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 3:S91-9. 2002..Future uses of these data to refine the ideal tools that efficiently, accurately, and validly detect short-term and persistent chemotherapy effects are proposed...
- Depression in intractable partial epilepsy varies by laterality of focus and surgeryMark Quigg
Department of Neurology, F E Dreifuss Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Epilepsia 44:419-24. 2003..We reviewed the pre- and postsurgical psychological assessments and clinical courses of patients to identify those at highest risk for postsurgical mood disorders...
- Psychiatric and neuropsychological issues in sports medicineAli Esfandiari
Neurocognitive Assessment Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0203, USA
Clin Sports Med 30:611-27. 2011..Greater awareness of psychological issues, empirical research, and education about mental health issues in the sports medicine community are clearly needed...
- Symptom-based assessment of the severity of a concussionDavid Erlanger
Department of Neuroscience and Education, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
J Neurosurg 98:477-84. 2003....
- Neuropsychological dysfunction in patients with end-stage pulmonary disease: lung transplant evaluationW David Crews
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 18:353-62. 2003..Findings are discussed in light of patients' end-stage pulmonary disease and factors possibly contributing to their neuropsychological test performances. Implications for clinical practice and future research are also provided...
- Learning disabilities: the need for neuropsychological evaluationCheryl H Silver
Department of Rehabilitation Counseling, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9088, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 23:217-9. 2008....