M E Broome
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Children in research: new perspectives and practices for informed consentMarion E Broome
School of Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
IRB . 2003
- A study of the effectiveness of a pain management education booklet for parents of children having cardiac surgeryMyra Martz Huth
Jane B Pettit Pain and Palliative Pain Center, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53201 1997, USA
Pain Manag Nurs 4:31-9. 2003..Additionally, a parent may provide an alternative pain report when a child is unable to or unwilling to self-report their pain...
- Scientific integrity--the cornerstone of knowledgeMarion E Broome
School of Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
J Neurosci Nurs 35:56-9. 2003..It is only through this advocacy role that scientific misconduct can be reduced and research integrity upheld...
- Incentives for children in researchMarti Rice
School of Nursing, 1530 3rd Ave South, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 36:167-72. 2004..To describe the challenges of using incentives for children in research...
- A study of parent/grandparent education for managing a febrile illness using the CALM approachMarion E Broome
University of Alabama School of Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
J Pediatr Health Care 17:176-83. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine the effectiveness of fever management education in increasing knowledge, confidence, comfort, and satisfaction of the parent/grandparent...
- An intervention to increase coping and reduce health care utilization for school-age children and adolescents with sickle cell diseaseM E Broome
Center for Nursing Research, NB G012, School of Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1530 3rd Ave South, Birmingham, AL 35294 1210, USA
J Natl Black Nurses Assoc 12:6-14. 2001..Health care utilization related to clinic visits, emergency department visits and hospitalizations decreased significantly for all participants in the study...
- Maximizing retention in community-based clinical trialsLinda Lindsey Davis
Room 410, School of Nursing, 1701 University Blvd, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 1210, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 34:47-53. 2002..To identify and discuss retention strategies and their effectiveness in community-based clinical trials in the last decade...
- Pain, coping, and disability in adolescents and young adults with cystic fibrosis: a Web-based studyPatrick A Hubbard
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Children s Hospital of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, USA
Pediatr Nurs 31:82-6. 2005....
- Scientific misconduct from the perspective of research coordinators: a national surveyErica R Pryor
School of Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 1210, USA
J Med Ethics 33:365-9. 2007..To report results from a national survey of coordinators and managers of clinical research studies in the US on their perceptions of and experiences with scientific misconduct...
- The influence of relationships on children's and adolescents' participation in researchMarion E Broome
University of Alabama School of Nursing, Birmingham, 35294, USA
Nurs Res 52:191-7. 2003..Since the 1950s, children and adolescents have been defined as a vulnerable group for research participation. In 1998, federal mandates were issued to include children in clinical research...
- Exploration of migraine pain, disability, depressive symptomatology, and coping: a pilot studyC J Kolotylo
School of Nursing, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, USA
Health Care Women Int 21:203-18. 2000..The two groups of women were not significantly different on demographic variables. Migraineurs scored significantly higher for pain characteristics, disability, depressive symptomatology, and total coping scores...
- Predicting disability and quality of life in a community-based sample of women with migraine headacheC J Kolotylo
Department of Research, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Pain Manag Nurs 1:139-51. 2000....
- The Scientific Misconduct Questionnaire--Revised (SMQ-R): validation and psychometric testingMarion E Broome
School of Nursing, Indiana University, 1111 Middle Dr NU 132, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Account Res 12:263-80. 2005....
- Conduct of multisite clinical studies by professional organizationsJudith A Vessey
Boston College, School of Nursing, Chestnut Hill, MA, USA
J Spec Pediatr Nurs 8:13-21. 2003..Professional organizations are embracing collaborative multisite research and research utilization projects. This report describes the strategies undertaken and lessons learned from SPN's first multisite study...
- Focus groups with African American adolescents: enhancing recruitment and retention in intervention studiesF C Jones
School of Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 16:88-96. 2001....
- Family patterns of decision-making in pediatric clinical trialsJulia A Snethen
College of Nursing, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211, USA
Res Nurs Health 29:223-32. 2006..These patterns of decision-making affect how parents and children communicate with health professionals and influence the effectiveness of health care providers interactions with the family related to the decision-making process...
- Conducting empirical research on informed consent: challenges and questionsGreg A Sachs
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, USA
IRB . 2003
- We are the future: revisioning the faculty cultureMarion E Broome
Nurs Outlook 51:97-8. 2003
- Collaboration: the devil's in the detailMarion E Broome
Nurs Outlook 55:1-2. 2007
- Academe under siegeMarion E Broome
Nurs Outlook 54:117-9. 2006
- A rose by any other name is still a rose: assessing journal qualityMarion E Broome
Nurs Outlook 55:163-4. 2007
- Playing in the park: what school-age children tell us about imageryMyra Martz Huth
Center for Professional Excellence, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 21:115-25. 2006..There were no significant changes in the children's Imagery Assessment Questionnaire scores at any time point. Children most often imagined going to the park when they used the tape...
- Effective weight loss for overweight children: a meta-analysis of intervention studiesJulia A Snethen
College of Nursing, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 21:45-56. 2006..79 to 1.11. Limited interventional studies with effective long-term maintenance of weight loss in children are available in the literature. However, there are effective methods for weight loss in children...
- Self-plagiarism: oxymoron, fair use, or scientific misconduct?Marion E Broome
Nurs Outlook 52:273-4. 2004
- Coping strategies utilized by adolescents with end stage renal diseaseJulia A Snethen
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, College of Nursing, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Nephrol Nurs J 31:41-9. 2004..Personal characteristics of gender, transplant status, age, and religious views were significantly related to the coping strategies the adolescents reported using...
- Scientific integrityMarion E Broome
Nurs Outlook 51:197-8. 2003
- Managing polarities in complex systemsMarion E Broome
Nurs Outlook 55:269-70. 2007