Stuart M Brooks
Affiliation: University of South Florida
- Irritant-induced chronic cough: irritant-induced TRPpathyStuart M Brooks
Colleges of Public Health, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Lung 186:S88-93. 2008..The significance of the hypothesis is that, if proven, it may provide new therapeutic approaches for the treatment of chronic cough...
- The spectrum of building-related airway disorders: difficulty in retrospectively diagnosing building-related asthmaStuart M Brooks
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, 13201 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MDC 56, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Chest 128:1720-7. 2005..The specific causes and mechanism(s) for asthma occurring among occupants of non-residential buildings with poor indoor air quality are not known, but allergic and nonallergic processes are possible explanations..
- Occupational, environmental, and irritant-induced coughStuart M Brooks
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, College of Public Health, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 43:85-96, ix. 2010..Although animal and laboratory investigations support the possibility of human TRPpathies, further investigations are essential for the further elucidation of the role of TRP cationic channels in instigating chronic cough in humans...
- Cockatiel-induced hypersensitivity pneumonitisJames D McCluskey
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:735-8. 2002..In addition, we encountered an interesting physical diagnostic clue, a respiratory sound that assisted with the eventual diagnosis...
- Irritant-induced airway disordersStuart M Brooks
Colleges of Public Health and Medicine, USF Health Science Center, University of South Florida, 13201 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 31:747-68, vi. 2011..Repeated irritant exposures may lead to chronic cough and continual airway hyperresponsiveness. Cases of asthma attributed to repeated irritant-exposures may be the result of genetic and/or host factors...
- Evaluation of the reliability and validity of the University of South Florida Environmental Assessment QuestionnaireRobert R Haight
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, The University of South Florida College of Medicine and College of Public Health, Tampa, 33612-3805, USA
Am J Ind Med 46:142-50. 2004..85. CONCLUSIONS: This study showed the EAQ as a whole to be reliable and valid. Gathering valid occupational exposure information with this method was both feasible and economical...
- The physical workload of nursing personnel: association with musculoskeletal discomfortNancy N Menzel
Department of Health Care Environments and Systems, College of Nursing, University of Florida, P O Box 100187, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Int J Nurs Stud 41:859-67. 2004..On units where lifting devices are readily available, musculoskeletal risk may have shifted to the wrist and knee...
- Diagnosis and management of work-related asthma: American College Of Chest Physicians Consensus StatementSusan M Tarlo
Toronto Western Hospital EW7 449, 399 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada M5T 2S8
Chest 134:1S-41S. 2008..The current Consensus Statement updates the previous one based on additional research that has been published since then, including findings relevant to preventive measures and work-exacerbated asthma (WEA)...
- Sunshine Education and Research CenterStuart Brooks; Fiscal Year: 2007....