Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Alteration of epileptogenesis genesAmy R Brooks-Kayal
Division of Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Neurotherapeutics 6:312-8. 2009..Targeting signaling pathways that alter the expression of genes involved in epileptogenesis may provide novel therapeutic approaches for preventing or inhibiting the development of epilepsy after a precipitating insult...
- Epilepsy and autism spectrum disorders: are there common developmental mechanisms?Amy Brooks-Kayal
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, The Children s Hospital Denver, 13123 E 16th Avenue, B155, Aurora, CO 80045, United States
Brain Dev 32:731-8. 2010..Increased understanding of the common genetic, molecular and cellular mechanisms of ASD and epilepsy may provide insight into their underlying pathophysiology and elucidate new therapeutic approaches of both conditions...
- Molecular mechanisms of cognitive and behavioral comorbidities of epilepsy in childrenAmy Brooks-Kayal
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, USA
Epilepsia 52:13-20. 2011..Increased understanding of the common genetic, molecular, and cellular mechanisms of IDDs, ASDs, and epilepsy may provide insight into their underlying pathophysiology and elucidate new therapeutic approaches for these conditions...
- Down-regulation of gephyrin and GABAA receptor subunits during epileptogenesis in the CA1 region of hippocampusMarco I Gonzalez
Division of Neurology and Translational Epilepsy Research Program, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Epilepsia 54:616-24. 2013..Here, we analyzed the effects of status epilepticus on the expression of GABAA receptors (GABAA Rs) and scaffolding proteins involved in the regulation of GABAA R trafficking and anchoring...
- Neonatal seizures: controversies and challenges in translating new therapies from the lab to the isoletteKevin E Chapman
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Neurology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Children s Hospital Colorado, 13123 East 16th Ave, B155, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Eur J Neurosci 35:1857-65. 2012..With the European Union and USA creating national collaborative project infrastructure, improved collaborative resources should advance clinical research on urgently needed new therapies for this disorder...
- Altered GABA(A) receptor expression during epileptogenesisMarco I Gonzalez
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, United States
Neurosci Lett 497:218-22. 2011....
- GABA (A) Receptors in Developmental EpileptogenesisAmy Brooks Kayal; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- GABA (A) Receptor Subunit Regulation in EpileptogenesisAmy Brooks Kayal; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results of these studies should facilitate development of new therapies for the prevention or cure of epilepsy by identifying potential new therapeutic targets that specifically target regulation of GABAR subunit gene expression. ..
- GABA (A) Receptors in Developmental EpileptogenesisAmy Brooks Kayal; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- GABAA RECEPTORS IN DEVELOPMENTAL EPILEPTOGENESISAmy Brooks Kayal; Fiscal Year: 2003..Similar studies will also be done in epileptic and non-epileptic pediatric populations. Finally, the effect of GABA active drugs on GABA receptor development will be examined. ..
- GABA(A) Receptor Subunit Regulation in EpileptogenesisSHELLEY JUNE RUSSEK; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies seek to find new ways of treating and preventing epilepsy by identifying and then reversing the changes in brain cells that lead to this condition. ..