Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Changing patient care orders from paper to computerized provider order entry-based processJane M Brokel
The University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 30:417-25. 2012..Five years later, 50% of the orders were medication orders. In conclusion, this was important to deploy the order sets within smaller critical-access hospital facilities to train providers in adopting order sets internally...
- Longitudinal study of symptom control and quality of life indicators with patients receiving community-based case management servicesJane M Brokel
University of Iowa, College of Nursing, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Appl Nurs Res 25:138-45. 2012....
- Expert clinical rules automate steps in delivering evidence-based care in the electronic health recordJane M Brokel
College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, 52242 1121, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 24:196-205; quiz 206-7. 2006..In summary, the processes for decision support expert rules required rigorous development and change control processes to support operation...
- Creating sustainability of clinical information systems: the chief nurse officer and nurse informatics specialist rolesJane Brokel
The University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Nurs Adm 37:10-3. 2007
- Redesigning care processes using an electronic health record: a system's experienceJane M Brokel
University of Iowa, College of Nursing, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 35:82-92. 2009....
- Evaluating clinical decision support rules as an intervention in clinician workflows with technologyJane M Brokel
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 29:36-42. 2011....
- Transformation of Emergency Department processes of care with EHR, CPOE, and ER event tracking systemsSmruti Vartak
Center for Health Policy and Research, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, 5229 Westlawn, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
HIM J 38:27-32. 2009..This surprising finding was examined in relationship to the multiple process-of-care changes in the ED...
- Impact of health information technology on detection of potential adverse drug events at the ordering stageLance L Roberts
Department of Health Management and Policy, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, 5229 Westlawn, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 67:1838-46. 2010..The impact of implementing commercially available health care information technologies at hospitals in a large health system on the identification of potential adverse drug events (ADEs) at the medication ordering stage was studied...