J L Brody
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Teaching medical students to discern ethical problems in human clinical research studiesLaura Weiss Roberts
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Acad Med 80:925-30. 2005..Assessing ethical aspects of research protocols is a key skill in fulfilling this duty, yet no empirically validated method exists for preparing professionals to attain this skill...
- Ethical issues in research on the treatment of adolescent substance abuse disordersJ L Brody
Center for Family and Adolescent Research, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87106, USA
Addict Behav 25:217-28. 2000..Suggestions for ways investigators may address these concerns are provided...
- Voluntary assent in biomedical research with adolescents: a comparison of parent and adolescent viewsJanet L Brody
Center for Family and Adolescent Research, 2700 Yale S E Suite 200, Albuquerque, NM 87106
Ethics Behav 13:79-95. 2003..Disagreements concerning research participation decisions and decision-making autonomy have implications for the exercise of voluntary assent in biomedical research...
- Treatment outcomes for adolescent substance abuse at 4- and 7-month assessmentsH B Waldron
Center for Family and Adolescent Research and Department of Psychology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 69:802-13. 2001..From pretreatment to 7 months, reductions in percentage of days of use were significant for the combined and group interventions, and changes in minimal use levels were significant for the family, combined, and group interventions...
- Family and physician influence on asthma research participation decisions for adolescents: the effects of adolescent gender and research riskJanet L Brody
Center for Family and Adolescent Research, Oregon Research Institute, 2700 Yale SE, Suite 200, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106, USA
Pediatrics 118:e356-62. 2006....
- Comparisons of adolescent and parent willingness to participate in minimal and above-minimal risk pediatric asthma research protocolsJanet L Brody
Center for Family and Adolescent Research, Oregon Research Institute, Eugene, Oregon, USA
J Adolesc Health 37:229-35. 2005..The purpose of this study was to compare parent and adolescent willingness to participate in minimal and above-minimal risk pediatric asthma research protocols...
- Financial compensation to adolescents for participation in biomedical research: adolescent and parent perspectives in seven studiesDavid G Scherer
College of Education, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Pediatr 146:552-8. 2005....
- Perception of risk associated with asthma research procedures among adolescents, parents, and pediatriciansRobert D Annett
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:1138-45. 2004..Little empirical data exist about how adolescents with asthma, their parents, and pediatricians view the risks and benefits associated with asthma clinical research...
- Influences upon willingness to participate in schizophrenia research: an analysis of narrative data from 63 people with schizophreniaAlexis Kaminsky
Institute for Ethics, MSCII 6095, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Ethics Behav 13:279-302. 2003..In the discussion, we explore the key findings and outline the implications for safeguards in mental illness research...
- What is ethically important in clinical research? A preliminary study of attitudes of 73 psychiatric faculty and residentsLaura Weiss Roberts
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Schizophr Bull 29:607-13. 2003..Future research is needed to clarify the understanding of the perspectives and priorities of different stakeholders involved in human studies...
- Patient and psychiatrist ratings of hypothetical schizophrenia research protocols: assessment of harm potential and factors influencing participation decisionsLaura Weiss Roberts
Empirical Ethics Group, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albequerque 87156 5326, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:573-84. 2002....
- Ethical issues in adolescent and parent informed consent for pediatric asthma research participationDavid G Scherer
Department of Psychology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
J Asthma 44:489-96. 2007..Pediatric asthma researchers can consider these psychological factors involved in adolescent and parent research participation decision-making processes to develop effective informed consent procedures...