Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Social approach-avoidance behavior of inbred mouse strains towards DBA/2 miceEdward S Brodkin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 415 Curie Boulevard, Room 111, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6140, USA
Brain Res 1002:151-7. 2004..Thus, this phenotype is affected by spontaneous genetic variation in mice and can be measured in an assay useful for future neurogenetic studies...
- BALB/c mice: low sociability and other phenotypes that may be relevant to autismEdward S Brodkin
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Translational Research Laboratory, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3403, USA
Behav Brain Res 176:53-65. 2007..In conclusion, the BALB/c inbred strain may be a useful animal model for identifying genes and neurobiological pathways involved in autism-related phenotypes...
- Association between polymorphisms in the metallophosphoesterase (MPPE1) gene and bipolar disorderFalk W Lohoff
Translational Research Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 125 South 31st Street, Room 2213, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:830-6. 2010..Our results provide evidence of an association between a polymorphism in the MPPE1 gene and BPD. Additional studies are necessary to confirm and elucidate the role of MPPE1 as a susceptibility gene for BPD on chromosome 18p...
- Social behavior phenotypes in fragile X syndrome, autism, and the Fmr1 knockout mouse: theoretical comment on McNaughton et al. (2008)Edward S Brodkin
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 3403, USA
Behav Neurosci 122:483-9. 2008..Their significant refinements in measurement of social behavior phenotypes will help to advance future efforts to elucidate the genetic and neural mechanisms underlying social behavior disturbances in FXS and autism...
- Serotonin transporter genotype modulates amygdala activity during mood regulationSeth J Gillihan
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 5:1-10. 2010....
- Genetic variation in serotonin transporter alters resting brain function in healthy individualsHengyi Rao
Center for Functional Neuroimaging, Department of Neurology and Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:600-6. 2007..Perfusion functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) was used to investigate the effect of genetic variation of the human serotonin transporter (5-HTT) gene (5-HTTLPR, SLC6A4) on resting brain function of healthy individuals...
- A mouse model system for genetic analysis of sociability: C57BL/6J versus BALB/cJ inbred mouse strainsGeena Mary V Sankoorikal
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6140, USA
Biol Psychiatry 59:415-23. 2006..To progress toward developing such a model system, we tested the hypothesis that C57BL/6J inbred mice show higher levels of sociability than BALB/cJ inbred mice...
- Low sociability is associated with reduced size of the corpus callosum in the BALB/cJ inbred mouse strainAndrew H Fairless
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Translational Research Laboratory, 125 South 31st Street, Room 2220, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3403, USA
Brain Res 1230:211-7. 2008..Additional studies are warranted to elucidate the relationship between brain connectivity and sociability in this model system...
- Pharmacogenomic evaluation of the antidepressant citalopram in the mouse tail suspension testJames J Crowley
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:2433-42. 2006..The present quantitative trait study suggests possible candidate genes for human pharmacogenetic studies of therapeutic responses to SSRIs such as citalopram...
- Neuregulin 1 transgenic mice display reduced mismatch negativity, contextual fear conditioning and social interactionsRichard S Ehrlichman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Brain Res 1294:116-27. 2009..Using mutant mice heterozygous for Nrg1 (Nrg1(+/-)) we studied the effects of Nrg1 signaling on behavioral and electrophysiological measures relevant to schizophrenia...
- Association between serotonin transporter genotype and extraversionSeth J Gillihan
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 3403, Pennsylvania, USA
Psychiatr Genet 17:351-4. 2007..4% of the variance in extraversion. These findings provide support for the effect of the 5-HTTLPR, and for the serotonergic system more broadly, on behaviors related to extraversion...
- Identification of quantitative trait Loci that affect aggressive behavior in miceEdward S Brodkin
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
J Neurosci 22:1165-70. 2002....