Douglas M Brock
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Interprofessional education in team communication: working together to improve patient safetyDouglas Brock
Department of Family Medicine and MEDEX Northwest, University of Washington, 4311 11th Ave NE, Suite 200 Seattle, WA 98195, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 22:414-23. 2013..The present study reports the effectiveness of a simulation-based interprofessional TeamSTEPPS training in impacting student attitudes, knowledge and skills around interprofessional communication...
- Usability testing for the rest of us: the application of discount usability principles in the development of an online communications assessment applicationDouglas Brock
Department of Family Medicine, Univeristy of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Teach Learn Med 25:89-96. 2013..Our study resulted in the discovery and remediation of significant user problems, in addition to giving important insight into the novel methods built into the application...
- Effectiveness of intensive physician training in upfront agenda settingDouglas M Brock
Department of Medical Education and Biomedical Informatics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:1317-23. 2011..Patients want all their concerns heard, but physicians fear losing control of time and interrupt patients before all concerns are raised...
- The feasibility of a multi-format Web-based assessment of physicians' communication skillsSara Kim
School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Patient Educ Couns 84:359-67. 2011..This study examines the reliability and validity of scores from two Web-based communication skill assessment formats...
- Academic degrees and clinical practice characteristics: the University of Washington physician assistant program: 1969-2000Timothy C Evans
Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
J Rural Health 22:212-9. 2006..The physician assistant profession has been moving toward requiring master's degrees for new practitioners, but some argue this could change the face of the discipline...
- Piloting team simulations to assess interprofessional skillsLynne Robins
Medical Education and Biomedical Informatics, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Interprof Care 22:325-8. 2008
- Analysis of trends in coronary artery bypass grafting and percutaneous coronary intervention rates in Washington state from 1987 to 2001Matthew R Ulrich
Department of Medical Education and Biomedical Informatics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am J Cardiol 92:836-9. 2003..CABG rates remained stable through 1997, then decreased 19% from 1997 to 2001. From 1987 to 2001, PCI rates increased 128%. These changes occurred simultaneously with decentralization of cardiac surgical services...
- Expanding resident conferences while tailoring them to level of training: a longitudinal studyEllen T Farrohki
Department of Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195 6419, USA
J Surg Educ 65:84-90. 2008..To evaluate the effect of changing a 1-hour weekly all-resident didactic conference to an expanded 4-hour bimonthly level-specific didactic conference...