Carolyn D Britten
Affiliation: University of California
- Transarterial chemoembolization plus or minus intravenous bevacizumab in the treatment of hepatocellular cancer: a pilot studyCarolyn D Britten
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, CA 90404 2429, USA
BMC Cancer 12:16. 2012..This pilot study examined whether intravenous (IV) bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody against VEGF, could inhibit neovessel formation after TACE...
- Targeting ErbB receptor signaling: a pan-ErbB approach to cancerCarolyn D Britten
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles, 10945 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 3:1335-42. 2004..This minireview addresses the approaches being developed to concurrently inhibit multiple ErbB receptors...
- A phase I/II trial of trastuzumab plus erlotinib in metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer: a dual ErbB targeted approachCarolyn D Britten
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 9:16-22. 2009..This phase I/II trial was conducted to determine the toxicities, recommended dose, pharmacokinetics, and response rate of erlotinib plus trastuzumab in metastatic HER2+ breast cancer...
- A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of sunitinib administered daily for 2 weeks, followed by a 1-week off periodCarolyn D Britten
David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:515-24. 2008..This trial was performed to investigate the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of sunitinib 50 mg daily for 2 weeks followed by a 1-week off period (2/1 schedule)...
- Targeting vascular endothelial growth factor with the monoclonal antibody bevacizumab inhibits human hepatocellular carcinoma cells growing in an orthotopic mouse modelRichard S Finn
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Liver Int 29:284-90. 2009..Bevacizumab, a humanized anti-VEGF monoclonal antibody, is currently being evaluated in the treatment of HCC. In addition, other novel anti-angiogenesis agents are being developed in HCC...
- Effect of the cytochrome P450 2C19 inhibitor omeprazole on the pharmacokinetics and safety profile of bortezomib in patients with advanced solid tumours, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or multiple myelomaDavid I Quinn
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 48:199-209. 2009..The variability of bortezomib pharmacokinetics with CYP enzyme polymorphism was also investigated...
- Resection of thyroid cancer metastases to the sternumJane Yanagawa
Lung Cancer Research Program of the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Thorac Oncol 4:1022-5. 2009..Overall, we demonstrate that radical resection of sternal metastases can be performed safely even in patients with poor prognosis to achieve palliation and potentiation of radioiodine therapy for concurrent metastases...
- A phase I safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetic study of enzastaurin combined with capecitabine in patients with advanced solid tumorsD Ross Camidge
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Cancer Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Anticancer Drugs 19:77-84. 2008..i.d.) on days 1-14 every 21 days. Further disease-directed studies are warranted, such as in malignancies in the treatment of which both capecitabine and inhibitors of angiogenesis have previously been benchmarked as being effective...
- Pharmacokinetics of a HER2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor CP-724,714 in patients with advanced malignant HER2 positive solid tumors: correlations with clinical characteristics and safetyFeng Guo
Department of Oncology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, 50 Pequot Avenue MS6025 A3238, New London, CT 06320, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 62:97-109. 2008....
- Development and validation of a drug activity biomarker that shows target inhibition in cancer patients receiving enzastaurin, a novel protein kinase C-beta inhibitorLisa J Green
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:3408-15. 2006....
- Clinical trial designs for targeted agentsBrigette B Y Ma
Department of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G 2M9, Canada
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 16:1287-305. 2002....
- First study of the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of CP-724,714 in patients with advanced malignant solid HER2-expressing tumorsPamela N Munster
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, Experimental Therapeutics Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:1238-45. 2007..To test the tolerability, safety, and recommended phase II dose of CP-724,714, a reversible, highly selective, oral HER2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor in patients with advanced solid tumor malignancies that express HER2...
- Phase I and pharmacologic study of the human DNA methyltransferase antisense oligodeoxynucleotide MG98 given as a 21-day continuous infusion every 4 weeksAlison J Davis
National Cancer Institute, Canada
Invest New Drugs 21:85-97. 2003..Pharmacodynamic evaluations undertaken in an attempt to explore and validate the biological mechanisms of MG98 did not show dose-related effects...
- A phase I study of pivaloyloxymethyl butyrate, a prodrug of the differentiating agent butyric acid, in patients with advanced solid malignanciesAmita Patnaik
Institute for Drug Development, Cancer Therapy and Research Center and The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:2142-8. 2002..Additional disease-directed clinical evaluations of AN-9 are necessary to establish the breadth of its antitumor activity and to assess its role as an effective differentiating agent...