Genomes and Genes
Jennifer A Brisson
Affiliation: University of California
- Common genome-wide patterns of transcript accumulation underlying the wing polyphenism and polymorphism in the pea aphid (Acyrthosiphon pisum)Jennifer A Brisson
Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08540, USA
Evol Dev 9:338-46. 2007..These data also provide a baseline for future studies of the molecular and physiological basis of life-history trade-offs...
- Rarity of males in pea aphids results in mutational decayJennifer A Brisson
Section of Ecology and Evolution, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Science 319:58. 2008..We conclude that the ability of females to reproduce asexually without males reduces selection constraints on male-based genes, resulting in their mutational decay...
- Similar patterns of linkage disequilibrium and nucleotide diversity in native and introduced populations of the pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisumJennifer A Brisson
Section of Ecology and Evolution, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA, USA
BMC Genet 10:22. 2009..Because introductions can cause population bottlenecks, we hypothesized that U.S. populations harbor lower levels of nucleotide diversity and higher levels of LD than native populations...
- The pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisum: an emerging genomic model system for ecological, developmental and evolutionary studiesJennifer A Brisson
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Bioessays 28:747-55. 2006..Combined with new genomic approaches, the pea aphid is poised to become an important model system for understanding the molecular and developmental basis of many ecologically and evolutionarily relevant problems...
- Assembly of the eastern North American herpetofauna: new evidence from lizards and frogsJ Robert Macey
Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Biol Lett 2:388-92. 2006..The contribution of faunal elements from Asia via dispersal across Beringia is a dominant theme in the historical assembly of the eastern North American herpetofauna...
- Population genetics of the developmental gene optomotor-blind (omb) in Drosophila polymorpha: evidence for a role in abdominal pigmentation variationJennifer A Brisson
Department of Biology, Washington University, Saint Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Genetics 168:1999-2010. 2004..Selection at this locus is expected if omb contributes to variation in abdominal pigmentation, since this trait is likely of ecological importance...
- Phylogenetic analysis of the Cardini group of Drosophila with respect to changes in pigmentationJennifer A Brisson
Department of Biology, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Evolution Int J Org Evolution 60:1228-41. 2006..Finally, we demonstrate that monomorphic species have arisen independently from polymorphic ancestors two to three times...