Genomes and Genes
Jason H Brickner
Affiliation: University of California
- Gene recruitment of the activated INO1 locus to the nuclear membraneJason H Brickner
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
PLoS Biol 2:e342. 2004..Gene recruitment to the nuclear periphery, therefore, is a dynamic process and appears to play an important regulatory role...
- Eisosomes mark static sites of endocytosisTobias C Walther
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California at San Francisco, 600 16th Street, San Francisco, California 94143 2200, USA
Nature 439:998-1003. 2006..Loss of Pil1 leads to clustering of eisosome remnants and redirects endocytosis and endocytic effector proteins to these clusters...
- Soi3p/Rav1p functions at the early endosome to regulate endocytic trafficking to the vacuole and localization of trans-Golgi network transmembrane proteinsGyörgy Sipos
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0606, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:3196-209. 2004....
- Structural basis of FFAT motif-mediated ER targetingStephen E Kaiser
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Structure 13:1035-45. 2005..Our data establish the structural basis of FFAT-mediated ER targeting and suggest that FFAT-targeted proteins play an important role in determining ER morphology...
- H2A.Z-mediated localization of genes at the nuclear periphery confers epigenetic memory of previous transcriptional stateDonna Garvey Brickner
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS Biol 5:e81. 2007..Therefore, H2A.Z-mediated localization of recently repressed genes at the nuclear periphery represents an epigenetic state that confers memory of transcriptional activation and promotes reactivation...
- Regulation and epigenetic control of transcription at the nuclear peripherySara Ahmed
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Trends Genet 23:396-402. 2007..In addition, maintenance of peripheral localization confers cellular memory of previous transcriptional activation, enabling cells to adapt rapidly to transcriptional cues...