Lisa A Briand
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Not all stress is equal: CREB is not necessary for restraint stress reinstatement of cocaine-conditioned rewardLisa A Briand
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 125 S 31st Street, Philadelphia, PA, United States
Behav Brain Res 246:63-8. 2013..Our findings suggest that not all stressors engage the same circuits or molecular mechanisms to elicit reinstatement behavior...
- Enhanced extinction of cocaine seeking in brain-derived neurotrophic factor Val66Met knock-in miceLisa A Briand
Department of Pharmacology, Perelman School of Medicine, The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Eur J Neurosci 35:932-9. 2012..These results suggest that the molecular mechanisms underlying aversive and appetitive extinction are distinct from one another and BDNF may play opposing roles in the two phenomena...
- Ventral tegmental afferents in stress-induced reinstatement: the role of cAMP response element-binding proteinLisa A Briand
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 30:16149-59. 2010....
- Serine 133 phosphorylation is not required for hippocampal CREB-mediated transcription and behaviorLisa A Briand
Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
Learn Mem 22:109-15. 2015..Strikingly, our findings show that CREB phosphorylation at Ser133 is not necessary for CREB binding to CRE sites, CREB-mediated transcription, or CREB-mediated behavioral phenotypes associated with learning and memory. ..
- Cocaine-related behaviors in mice with deficient gliotransmissionJill R Turner
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 226:167-76. 2013..However, while astrocytes are capable of releasing chemical transmitters that can modulate neuronal function, the role of these gliotransmitters in mediating behaviors associated with drugs of abuse has been largely unexplored...
- Increased hippocampal neurogenesis and accelerated response to antidepressants in mice with specific deletion of CREB in the hippocampus: role of cAMP response-element modulator τBrigitta B Gundersen
Departments of Pharmacology and Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Neurosci 33:13673-85. 2013..The current results suggest that activation of CREMτ may provide a means to accelerate the therapeutic efficacy of current antidepressant treatment. ..
- Cocaine-seeking is associated with PKC-dependent reduction of excitatory signaling in accumbens shell D2 dopamine receptor-expressing neuronsPavel I Ortinski
Department of Pharmacology, Physiology and Neuroscience, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC 29209, USA
Neuropharmacology 92:80-9. 2015....
- Disruption of glutamate receptor-interacting protein in nucleus accumbens enhances vulnerability to cocaine relapseLisa A Briand
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 39:759-69. 2014..These effects are associated with changes in vulnerability to cocaine relapse and highlight GRIP as a novel target for the development of cocaine addiction therapeutics. ..
- Molecular and genetic substrates linking stress and addictionLisa A Briand
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, TRL, 125 South 31 st Street, USA
Brain Res 1314:219-34. 2010..Focus on these molecules could provide us with new targets for pharmacological treatments for addiction...