Genomes and Genes
Emery H Bresnick
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Bresnick E, Katsumura K, Lee H, Johnson K, Perkins A. Master regulatory GATA transcription factors: mechanistic principles and emerging links to hematologic malignancies. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:5819-31 pubmed publisher..This article highlights GATA factor mechanistic principles, with a heavy emphasis on GATA-1 and GATA-2 functions in the hematopoietic system, and new links between GATA-2 dysregulation and human pathophysiologies. ..
- Gao X, Wu T, Johnson K, Lahvic J, Ranheim E, Zon L, et al. GATA Factor-G-Protein-Coupled Receptor Circuit Suppresses Hematopoiesis. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;6:368-82 pubmed publisher..5 site, restricted occupancy by the activator Scl/TAL1, and repressed Gata2 transcription. Thus, a Gata2 cis element creates a GATA-2-GPCR circuit that limits positive regulators that promote hematopoiesis. ..
- Katsumura K, Ong I, Devilbiss A, Sanalkumar R, Bresnick E. GATA Factor-Dependent Positive-Feedback Circuit in Acute Myeloid Leukemia Cells. Cell Rep. 2016;16:2428-41 pubmed publisher..As GATA2 mRNA correlated with IL1B and CXCL2 mRNAs in AML-M5 and high expression of these genes predicted poor prognosis of cytogenetically normal AML, we propose that the circuit is functionally important in specific AML contexts. ..
- Devilbiss A, Sanalkumar R, Hall B, Katsumura K, de Andrade I, Bresnick E. Epigenetic Determinants of Erythropoiesis: Role of the Histone Methyltransferase SetD8 in Promoting Erythroid Cell Maturation and Survival. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:2073-87 pubmed publisher..These results establish SetD8 as a determinant of erythroid cell maturation and provide a framework for understanding how a broadly expressed histone-modifying enzyme mediates cell-type-specific GATA factor function. ..
- Mehta C, Johnson K, Gao X, Ong I, Katsumura K, McIver S, et al. Integrating Enhancer Mechanisms to Establish a Hierarchical Blood Development Program. Cell Rep. 2017;20:2966-2979 pubmed publisher..The -77 generated burst-forming unit-erythroid through the induction of GATA-1 and other GATA-2 targets. The enhancer circuits controlled signaling pathways that orchestrate a GATA factor-dependent blood development program. ..
- McIver S, Hewitt K, Gao X, Mehta C, Zhang J, Bresnick E. Dissecting Regulatory Mechanisms Using Mouse Fetal Liver-Derived Erythroid Cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2018;1698:67-89 pubmed publisher..We described a robust method for isolation, culture, and analysis of primary mouse erythroid precursor cells and their progeny. ..
- Wu J, Iwata F, Grass J, Osborne C, Elnitski L, Fraser P, et al. Molecular determinants of NOTCH4 transcription in vascular endothelium. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:1458-74 pubmed..These results reveal an AP-1-Notch4 pathway, which we propose to be crucial for transducing angiogenic signals and to be deregulated upon aberrant signal transduction in cancer. ..