CHARLES M BRENNER
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Changes in chemistry and biochemistry education: creative responses to medical college admissions test revisions in the age of the genomeCharles Brenner
Department of Biochemistry, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Biochem Mol Biol Educ 41:1-4. 2013..Getting these changes right is among the most important educational problems of our era...
- NAD+ metabolite levels as a function of vitamins and calorie restriction: evidence for different mechanisms of longevityCharles Evans
Department of Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
BMC Chem Biol 10:2. 2010....
- Microbial NAD metabolism: lessons from comparative genomicsFrancesca Gazzaniga
Department of Genetics and Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 73:529-41, Table of Contents. 2009..Biochemical, genetic, and genomic analyses have advanced to the point at which the precursors and pathways utilized by a microorganism can be predicted. Challenges remain in dissecting regulation of pathways...
- Quantitative Analysis of RING E3 Ubiquitin LigasesCHARLES M BRENNER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Second, innovations in analysis of RING E3 ubiquitin ligases are necessary to understand the specificity of function of RING E3 ubiquitin ligases, which have key functions in the health of every organ system. ..
- Mechanism of Dnmt1 Up-regulation by Fhit LossCHARLES M BRENNER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Even a 10% reduction in lung cancer incidence could save more than 16,000 U.S. lives per year. ..
- Quantitative Analysis of RING E3 Ubiquitin LigasesCharles Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2009..Second, innovations in analysis of RING E3 ubiquitin ligases are necessary to understand the specificity of function of RING E3 ubiquitin ligases, which have key functions in the health of every organ system. ..
- FUNCTIONAL AND STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF HIT PROTEINSCharles Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2006..Work on Fhit/Hnt2 is designed to uncover the pathway of one of the most frequently lost cancer genes and may lead to identification of novel targets for prevention and treatment of lung and stomach cancer. ..
- FUNCTIONAL AND STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF HIT PROTEINSCharles Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2001..This integrated strategy is expected to provide a detailed understanding of the functions of HINT and FHIT in eukaryotic cells and a cellular and structural basis for understanding FHIT lesions in tumors. ..