Robert T Brennan
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Statistical and substantive inferences in public health: issues in the application of multilevel modelsJeffrey B Bingenheimer
School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 25:53-77. 2004..We conclude with a call for more careful thinking about multilevel causal inference...
- Firearm violence exposure and serious violent behaviorJeffrey B Bingenheimer
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, 1420 Washington Heights, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Science 308:1323-6. 2005..Results indicate that exposure to firearm violence approximately doubles the probability that an adolescent will perpetrate serious violence over the subsequent 2 years...
- Measurement equivalence and differential item functioning in family psychologyJeffrey B Bingenheimer
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
J Fam Psychol 19:441-55. 2005....
- Neighborhood support and the birth weight of urban infantsStephen L Buka
Project on Human Development in Chicago Neighborhoods, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Epidemiol 157:1-8. 2003..Results support the hypothesis that neighborhood-level factors are significantly associated with infant birth weight...
- A multilevel study of neighborhoods and parent-to-child physical aggression: results from the project on human development in Chicago neighborhoodsBeth E Molnar
Department of Maternal and Child Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Child Maltreat 8:84-97. 2003..The article's conclusion is that neighborhood characteristics may influence the amount of PCPA used by families. Neighborhood intervention strategies hold promise...
- Social capital and neighborhood mortality rates in ChicagoKimberly A Lochner
Department of Health, Harvard Center for Society and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Soc Sci Med 56:1797-805. 2003....
- Diverging associations of maternal age with low birthweight for black and white mothersJanet W Rich-Edwards
Project on Human Development in Chicago Neighborhoods, Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Epidemiol 32:83-90. 2003..Our aim was to investigate correlates and causes of the racial/ethnic divergence in low birthweight by maternal age...
- Links between pubertal timing and neighborhood contexts: implications for girls' violent behaviorDawn Obeidallah
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:1460-8. 2004..To investigate links between girls' violent behavior, pubertal timing, and neighborhood characteristics...
- Young citizens as health agents: use of drama in promoting community efficacy for HIV/AIDSNorifumi Kamo
Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Am J Public Health 98:201-4. 2008..In independently conducted surveys of neighborhood residents, differences were found between adults who did and did not witness the skits in their beliefs about the efficacy of children as HIV/AIDS primary change agents...