F X Brennan
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Fmr1 knockout mice are impaired in a leverpress escape/avoidance taskF X Brennan
Medical Research, VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Genes Brain Behav 5:467-71. 2006..Future studies will attempt to delineate the nature of the behavioral deficit as well as attempt to rescue the response with glutamatergic or dopaminergic agents...
- Centrally administered tumor necrosis factor-alpha facilitates the avoidance performance of Sprague-Dawley ratsFrancis X Brennan
Medical Research 151, VA Medical Center, and Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Brain Res 1109:142-5. 2006..Results are discussed in terms of possible monoaminergic sensitization induced by TNFalpha and the relationship of this to acquisition of the avoidance response...
- Ethanol consumption improves avoidance learning in rats: role of deprivation intervalFrancis X Brennan
Medical Research Service 151, Philadelphia VA Medical Center, 3900 Woodland Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Alcohol 34:159-64. 2004..Results are discussed in terms of the potential neural mediators of the improved avoidance effect in animals in the 1-day ethanol-deprivation group...
- Genetic differences in leverpress escape/avoidance conditioning in seven mouse strainsF X Brennan
Medical Research Services, Philadelphia VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Genes Brain Behav 3:110-4. 2004..Results are discussed in terms of genetic differences in learning and how the nigrostriatal dopamine system may mediate the observed differences...
- Serum cholesterol levels and stressor controllability in ratsFrancis X Brennan
Medical Research Services 151, VA Medical Center, 3900 Woodland Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Physiol Behav 79:757-60. 2003..Results are discussed in terms of the probable mediators of stress-induced cholesterol increases, and the fact that these mediators may be insensitive to stressor controllability...
- Proinflammatory cytokines differentially affect leverpress avoidance acquisition in ratsFrancis X Brennan
Medical Research Service 151, Philadelphia VA Medical Center, 3900 Woodland Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Behav Brain Res 153:351-5. 2004..Results are discussed in terms of the differential central effects of the pro-inflammatory cytokines and the possible relationship to avoidance conditioning...
- Leverpress escape/avoidance conditioning in rats: safety signal length and avoidance performanceFrancis X Brennan
Neurobehavioral Research Laboratory, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, USA
Integr Physiol Behav Sci 38:36-44. 2003..Thus, acquisition of the leverpress avoidance response was efficient regardless of safety signal duration, even though shorter periods were associated with greater anxiety...
- Stress-induced changes in sleep in rodents: models and mechanismsAaron C Pawlyk
Women s Health and Musculoskeletal Biology, Wyeth Research, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 32:99-117. 2008..A complete understanding of the neural correlates of stress-induced sleep alterations may lead to novel treatments for a variety of debilitating sleep disorders...
- Leverpress escape/avoidance training increases neurotrophin levels in rat brainDavid S Albeck
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado at Denver, CO 80217 3364, USA
Integr Physiol Behav Sci 40:28-34. 2005..Results are discussed in terms of the role of neurotrophins in the acquisition of new information, and the neural structures involved in different types of memory...
- REM sleep: a sensitive index of fear conditioning in ratsSushil K Jha
Medical Research Service 151, Philadelphia VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
Eur J Neurosci 21:1077-80. 2005..Results are discussed in terms of the decreases in REM as a response to conditioned fear, and the relevance of these findings to the sleep changes seen in post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- A rodent model of sleep disturbances in posttraumatic stress disorder: the role of context after fear conditioningAaron C Pawlyk
Laboratory for the Study of the Brain in Sleep, Department of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:268-77. 2005..We set out to develop a fear conditioning paradigm in rats that displays alterations in sleep architecture analogous to those in PTSD...
- Low doses of interleukin-1beta improve the leverpress avoidance performance of Sprague-Dawley ratsFrancis X Brennan
Medical Research Services 151, VA Medical Center, 3900 Woodland Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurobiol Learn Mem 80:168-71. 2003..0 microg/kg) did not differ from controls. Results are discussed in terms of the possible mechanisms behind the IL-1beta-induced enhancement of learning, as well as the observed dose-response relationship...
- Long-term effect of cued fear conditioning on REM sleep microarchitecture in ratsVibha Madan
Laboratory for Study of the Brain in Sleep, Department of Animal Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6045, USA
Sleep 31:497-503. 2008..To study long-term effects of conditioned fear on REM sleep (REMS) parameters in albino rats...