Affiliation: University of California
- The manufacture of recoveryJoel Tupper Braslow
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Annu Rev Clin Psychol 9:781-809. 2013..Further, history reveals how the recovery movement is deeply indebted to and embedded within the sociocultural values of neoliberalism that have shaped public policy since the presidential election of Ronald Reagan in 1980...
- Generalizability of studies on mental health treatment and outcomes, 1981 to 1996Joel T Braslow
Department of psychiatry and biobehavioral sciences at University of California, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:1261-8. 2005..This study operationalized and measured the external validity, or generalizability, of studies on mental health treatment and outcomes published in four journals between 1981 and 1996...
- Improving recognition of depression in primary care: a study of evidence-based quality improvementScott E Sherman
VA Center for the Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, Sepulveda, California, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Saf 30:80-8. 2004....
- Teaching critical thinking in psychiatric training: a role for the social sciencesElizabeth Bromley
UCLA Semel Institute Health Services Research Center, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:1396-401. 2008
- The making of contemporary American psychiatry, part 1: patients, treatments, and therapeutic rationales before and after World War IISarah Linsley Starks
Health Services Research Center, Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of California, Los Angeles
Hist Psychol 8:176-93. 2005....
- The making of contemporary American psychiatry, Part 2: therapeutics and gender before and after World War IIJoel T Braslow
Universtiy of California, Los Angeles Neuropsychiatric Institute, USA
Hist Psychol 8:271-88. 2005....