William O Brant
Affiliation: University of California
- Treatment of Peyronie's disease with oral pentoxifyllineWilliam O Brant
Neurourology and Erectile Dysfunction, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 3:111-5; quiz 116. 2006..Physical examination revealed hard plaques in the dorsal and ventral penis. INVESTIGATIONS: Physical examination, penile ultrasound. DIAGNOSIS: Peyronie's disease. MANAGEMENT: Oral pentoxifylline...
- Gonadoblastoma and Turner syndromeWilliam O Brant
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0738, USA
J Urol 175:1858-60. 2006..Recently, modern sophisticated genotyping has revealed a subgroup of TS cases with a mosaic karyotype expressing a Y chromosome. We sought to evaluate this group of patients and address their risk of gonadoblastoma...
- Surgical Atlas. Correction of Peyronie's disease: plaque incision and graftingWilliam O Brant
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
BJU Int 97:1353-60. 2006
- Isolated septal fibrosis or hematoma--atypical Peyronie's disease?William O Brant
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0738, USA
J Urol 177:179-82; discussion 183. 2007..We frequently examine patients with suspected Peyronie's disease ultrasonographically and have noted a subset of patients in whom we could identify only a circumscribed septal lesion. We identified characteristics of these patients...
- Upregulation of penile brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and activation of the JAK/STAT signalling pathway in the major pelvic ganglion of the rat after cavernous nerve transectionAnthony J Bella
Knuppe Molecular Urology Laboratory, Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0738, USA
Eur Urol 52:574-80. 2007....
- Complications of porcine small intestine submucosa graft for Peyronie's diseaseBenjamin N Breyer
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 094143, USA
J Urol 177:589-91. 2007..We report outcomes and complications of the use of porcine small intestine submucosa for correcting penile curvature due to Peyronie's disease...
- Penile sonographic and clinical characteristics in men with Peyronie's diseaseJames F Smith
University of California Department of Urology, 1600 Divisadero, Box 1695, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Sex Med 6:2858-67. 2009..Ultrasonography of the penis is readily available to the urologist and gives good anatomic detail of soft tissue structures. It has not been widely utilized in the assessment of Peyronie's disease (PD)...
- Approach to management of penile fracture in men with underlying Peyronie's diseaseThomas X Minor
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Urology 68:858-61. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Patients with PD who have a penile fracture are candidates for combined fracture repair and tunica plication at the same setting...
- Non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION) and phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitorsAnthony J Bella
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143-0738, USA
Can J Urol 13:3233-8. 2006..Loss or decreased vision, whether painful or painless, demands urgent patient assessment and immediate cessation of PDE-5 inhibitor use...
- 16-Dot procedure for penile curvatureWilliam O Brant
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
J Sex Med 4:277-80. 2007
- Peyronie's disease (CME)Anthony J Bella
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, University of Ottawa, Canada
J Sex Med 4:1527-38. 2007..Despite progress in the understanding of PyD on several fronts, it remains a physically and psychologically devastating condition for the affected patient and partner...