Anna R Brandon
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Impact of reproductive status and age on response of depressed women to cognitive therapyAnna R Brandon
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 22:58-66. 2013..To our knowledge, there are no data on relationships between hormonal status and response to psychotherapy for recurrent major depressive disorder (MDD)...
- Proof of concept: Partner-Assisted Interpersonal Psychotherapy for perinatal depressionAnna R Brandon
Department of Psychiatry, Women s Mood Disorders Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 15:469-80. 2012..Incorporating partners in the treatment of major depressive disorders during the perinatal period is safe, acceptable, and feasible, but needs further testing in a larger population to evaluate efficacy...
- When she says "no" to medication: psychotherapy for antepartum depressionAnna R Brandon
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Campus Box 7160, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7160, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 13:459-66. 2011..This article summarizes findings to date regarding the use of psychotherapy for depression occurring during pregnancy and describes the adaptations made to tailor the treatment to the unique needs of women in the perinatal period...
- Evaluating the clinical effectiveness of a specialized perinatal psychiatry inpatient unitSamantha Meltzer-Brody
UNC Department of Psychiatry, Campus Box 7160, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 17:107-13. 2014..0001). Data suggest that delivering specialized and targeted interventions for severe maternal mental illness in a safe and supportive setting produces positive patient outcomes. ..
- A systematic review of the combined use of electroconvulsive therapy and psychotherapy for depressionShawn M McClintock
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8898, USA
J ECT 27:236-43. 2011....
- Antenatal depression: a rationale for studying exerciseGeetha Shivakumar
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Depress Anxiety 28:234-42. 2011..This review presents current knowledge on exercise during pregnancy, antidepressant effects of exercise, and the rationale for the specific study of exercise for antenatal depression...
- Maternal and fetal representations, dimensions of personality, and prenatal attachment in women hospitalized with high-risk pregnancyAnna R Brandon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75235, USA
J Am Psychoanal Assoc 55:253-9. 2007