Affiliation: University of California
- Reporting protein identification data: the next generation of guidelinesRalph A Bradshaw
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:787-8. 2006
- Methionine aminopeptidases and angiogenesisRalph A Bradshaw
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Essays Biochem 38:65-78. 2002..The resulting covalent modification inhibits the protease activity of MetAP2 and blocks cell-cycle function in endothelial and some cancer cells. The role of MetAP2 in the mitogenic activity of these cells is unknown...
- PC12 cell activation by epidermal growth factor receptor: role of autophosphorylation sitesDarren R Tyson
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4560, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 21:63-74. 2003..Our results show that the five autophosphorylation sites in the extra-kinase C-terminal domain of EGFR are not required for the ability of EGFR to induce morphological differentiation of PC12 cells...
- How I became a biochemistRalph A Bradshaw
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
IUBMB Life 58:495-8. 2006
- From proteins to proteomicsRalph A Bradshaw
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
IUBMB Life 57:267-72. 2005..These hold great promise for the identification of disease markers and drug targets, but are not without their challenges and pitfalls...
- Sustained ERK1/2 but not STAT1 or 3 activation is required for thanatophoric dysplasia phenotypes in PC12 cellsNakisa Nowroozi
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, 2121 Gillespie, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Hum Mol Genet 14:1529-38. 2005..These results support a model in which sustained activation of ERK1/2 is a key regulator of the increased transition to hypertrophic differentiation of the growth plate, whereas activation of STATs 1 and 3 is not required...
- Human embryonic kidney cells (HEK-293 cells): characterization and dose-response relationship for modulated release of nerve growth factor for nerve regenerationJuan Carlos Jimenez
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of California, Irvine, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 113:605-10. 2004..It was demonstrated that this regulated delivery system could secrete bioactive NGF for up to 9 days and might be useful for in vivo applications. This regulated delivery system should be useful for tissue-engineered nerve constructs...
- Characterization of symmetric complexes of nerve growth factor and the ectodomain of the pan-neurotrophin receptor, p75NTRJukka P Aurikko
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1GA, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:33453-60. 2005..Molecular models of the 2:2 p75(NTR) x NGF complex based on these data are not consistent with the further assembly of either symmetric (2:2:2) or asymmetric (2:2:1) ternary p75(NTR) x NGF x TrkA complexes...
- Nerve growth factor expression response to induction agent booster dosing in transfected human embryonic kidney cellsMichael P McConnell
Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery Institute, University of California, Irvine, Orange, Calif 92868-3298, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:506-14. 2005..Furthermore, repeated bioactive NGF expression peaks beyond that previously demonstrated can be achieved using induction agent booster dosing, indicating the ability to regulate the system over an extended period...
- Revised draft guidelines for proteomic data publicationRalph A Bradshaw
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:1223-5. 2005
- Protein identification: the good, the bad, and the uglyRalph A Bradshaw
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:1221-2. 2005
- Proteomics - boom or bust?Ralph A Bradshaw
Mol Cell Proteomics 1:177-8. 2002
- Individual and combined effects of TrkA and p75NTR nerve growth factor receptors. A role for the high affinity receptor siteShivanand P Lad
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, Illinois 60064, USA
J Biol Chem 278:24808-17. 2003..In addition, a new interaction in the TrkA/p75NTR heteromeric receptor signal transduction network was revealed, namely that NGF-induced activation of the MAPK pathway appears to inhibit the parallel NGF-induced Akt pathway...
- What has proteomics accomplished?John J M Bergeron
McGill University, Montreal, H3A 282, Canada
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:1824-6. 2007
- CO-TRANSLATIONAL PROCESSING AND PROTEIN TURNOVERRALPH BRADSHAW; Fiscal Year: 1993..Two proteins (asparagine synthetase and hypoxanthine phosphoribosyl transferase) will be used as the principal substrates in these studies. Appropriate nucleic acid and immunological reagents are either in-hand or will be generated...
- STRUCTURE AND INTRACELLULAR LOCALIZATION OF PROTEINSRALPH BRADSHAW; Fiscal Year: 1990..We will also continue to sequence chicken phosphoglycerate mutase, C. vinosum hemoprotein and spinach chloroplast fructose-P2-aldolase...
- CO-TRANSLATIONAL PROCESSING AND PROTEIN TURNOVERRALPH BRADSHAW; Fiscal Year: 1991..Appropriate nucleic acid and immunological reagents are either in-hand or will be generated...
- COTRANSLATIONAL PROCESSING AND PROTEIN TURNOVERRALPH BRADSHAW; Fiscal Year: 2001....