Genomes and Genes
H D Bradshaw
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Quantitative trait loci affecting differences in floral morphology between two species of monkeyflower (Mimulus)H D Bradshaw
College of Forest Resources, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Genetics 149:367-82. 1998..This implies that either single genes of individually large effect or linked clusters of genes with a large cumulative effect can play a role in the evolution of reproductive isolation and speciation...
- Allele substitution at a flower colour locus produces a pollinator shift in monkeyflowersH D Bradshaw
Department of Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nature 426:176-8. 2003..cardinalis yup allele had yellow-orange flowers and received 68-fold more hummingbird visits than the wild type. These results indicate that an adaptive shift in pollinator preference may be initiated by a single major mutation...
- Mutations in CAX1 produce phenotypes characteristic of plants tolerant to serpentine soilsH D Bradshaw
Department of Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
New Phytol 167:81-8. 2005....
- Components of reproductive isolation between the monkeyflowers Mimulus lewisii and M. cardinalis (Phrymaceae)Justin Ramsey
Biology Department, Box 355325, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Evolution 57:1520-34. 2003..Additional studies of taxa at varying degrees of evolutionary divergence are needed to identify the relative importance of pre- and postzygotic isolating mechanisms in speciation...
- Genetics of prezygotic reproductive isolation in natural populations of monkDOUGLAS SCHEMSKE; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., the origin of species. All of the biodiversity on Earth, including the origin of humans, is a result of the process of speciation. ..