Kristin L M Boylan
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Claudin 4 Is Differentially Expressed between Ovarian Cancer Subtypes and Plays a Role in Spheroid FormationKristin L M Boylan
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA E Mails K L M B B M M S D J D A K M H S E P
Int J Mol Sci 12:1334-58. 2011..The inability of the NIH:OVCAR5 cells treated with claudin 4 shRNA to form compact spheroids was verified by FITC-dextran exclusion. These results demonstrate a role for claudin 4 and tight junctions in spheroid formation and integrity...
- Quantitative proteomic analysis by iTRAQ(R) for the identification of candidate biomarkers in ovarian cancer serumKristin Lm Boylan
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, MMC 609, 420 Delaware St, SE, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Proteome Sci 8:31. 2010..In this study, we used pooled serum depleted of the most highly abundant proteins to reduce the dynamic range of proteins, and thereby enhance the identification of serum biomarkers using the quantitative proteomic method iTRAQ(R)...
- Leucine-rich alpha-2-glycoprotein-1 is upregulated in sera and tumors of ovarian cancer patientsJohn D Andersen
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, MMC 609, 420 Delaware St, SE Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Ovarian Res 3:21. 2010..We previously demonstrated the upregulation of leucine-rich alpha-2-glycoprotein-1 (LRG1) in the sera of ovarian cancer patients compared to healthy women using quantitative mass spectrometry...
- S100A1 expression in ovarian and endometrial endometrioid carcinomas is a prognostic indicator of relapse-free survivalMelissa S DeRycke
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 132:846-56. 2009..In the endometrioid subtype of ovarian and endometrial cancers, relapse-free survival was decreased for patients with S100A1+ tumors. These data suggest that S100A1 is a marker for poor prognosis of endometrioid subtypes of cancer...
- Isothermal vitrification methodology development for non-cryogenic storage of archival human seraRebekah Less
Biostabilization Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota, 111 Church St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Cryobiology 66:176-85. 2013..These results demonstrated the feasibility of long-term storage of vitrified serum at hypothermic (and non-cryogenic) temperatures...
- Identification of candidate biomarkers in ovarian cancer serum by depletion of highly abundant proteins and differential in-gel electrophoresisJohn D Andersen
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Electrophoresis 31:599-610. 2010..Western blotting validated the relative increases in serum protein levels for three of the proteins identified, demonstrating the utility of this approach for the identification of novel serum biomarkers for ovarian cancer...
- Targeting CD133 in an in vivo ovarian cancer model reduces ovarian cancer progressionAmy P N Skubitz
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA Electronic address
Gynecol Oncol 130:579-87. 2013..The hypothesis driving this study is that despite their low numbers in ovarian cancer tumors, CSC can be eradicated using CD133 targeted therapy and tumor growth can be inhibited...