Rhonda C Boyd
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Screen for Child Anxiety Related Emotional Disorders (SCARED): psychometric properties in an African-American parochial high school sampleRhonda C Boyd
Department of Psychiatry, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3535 Market Street, Suite 1230, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:1188-96. 2003..To examine the psychometric properties of the Screen for Child Anxiety Related Emotional Disorders (SCARED) for a community sample of African-American high school students...
- Mood disorders in women from adolescence to late life: an overviewRhonda C Boyd
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 47:515-26. 2004
- Mother-infant interaction, life events and prenatal and postpartum depressive symptoms among urban minority women in primary careRhonda C Boyd
Department of Psychiatry, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Matern Child Health J 10:139-48. 2006..We examined the relationships among mother-infant interactions, depressive symptoms, life events, and breastfeeding of low-income urban African American and Hispanic women in primary care settings...
- Developing a family-based depression prevention program in urban community mental health clinics: a qualitative investigationRhonda C Boyd
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine Department of Psychiatry, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Fam Process 45:187-203. 2006..The study helped clarify many of the challenges of conducting research in a community mental health system...
- A pilot investigation of the rates and predictors of mental health services utilization among depressed African American mothers and their childrenRhonda C Boyd
Department of Psychiatry, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:1096-103. 2009..This prospective pilot study examined 3-month frequency rates and predictors of mental health utilization for a sample of African American depressed mothers and their children...
- Emotional and behavioral functioning of offspring of African American mothers with depressionRhonda C Boyd
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 42:594-608. 2011..Offspring of African American mothers with depression were exhibiting socioemotional problems in ways that are similar to offspring of European American mothers with depression...
- Prevalence of mood disorders and service use among US mothers by race and ethnicity: results from the National Survey of American LifeRhonda C Boyd
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:1538-45. 2011..To describe the rates of mood disorders, the social and demographic correlates of mood disorders, and mental health services utilization among African American, Caribbean black, and non-Hispanic white mothers...
- Exposure to community violence is associated with asthma hospitalizations and emergency department visitsAndrea J Apter
Section of Allergy and Immunology, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 126:552-7. 2010..Exposure to community violence (ECV) has been associated with asthma morbidity of children living in inner-city neighborhoods...
- Risk factors for community violence exposure in adolescenceSharon F Lambert
Department of Mental Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Community Psychol 36:29-48. 2005..Implications of the findings for preventive interventions and future research are discussed...