Rebecca S Boxer
Affiliation: University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- The Bridge Project: improving heart failure care in skilled nursing facilitiesRebecca S Boxer
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:83.e1-7. 2012..The purpose of this study was to evaluate in SNF both the (1) current state of HF management (HF admissions, protocols, and staff knowledge) and (2) the acceptability and effect of a HF staff educational program...
- The utility of the 6-minute walk test as a measure of frailty in older adults with heart failureRebecca S Boxer
Department of Family Medicine and Internal Medicine, Divisions of Cardiology and Geriatrics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Am J Geriatr Cardiol 17:7-12. 2008..02), weaker grip strength (P=.056), and worse renal function (P=.01) and from those in the F/LE group by faster 8-foot walking speed (P<.001). The 6MWT may be useful to identify frailty and those in transition to frailty...
- The association between vitamin D and inflammation with the 6-minute walk and frailty in patients with heart failureRebecca S Boxer
Department of Family Medicine, Case Western University Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:454-61. 2008..To identify relationships between anabolic hormones, inflammatory markers, and physical function...
- Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration is associated with functional capacity in older adults with heart failureRebecca S Boxer
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Am Heart J 160:893-9. 2010..Vitamin D is a fat-soluble hormone necessary for calcium homeostasis. Recently, studies have demonstrated that vitamin D may be important to the health of the cardiovascular system...
- A randomized trial of heart failure disease management in skilled nursing facilities: design and rationaleRebecca S Boxer
Harrington Heart and Vascular Institute, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH Electronic address
J Am Med Dir Assoc 14:710.e5-710.e11. 2013..HF disease management has not been studied in skilled nursing facilities, a major site of transitional care for older adults...
- Home health care with telemonitoring improves health status for older adults with heart failureElizabeth Madigan
Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Home Health Care Serv Q 32:57-74. 2013..Therefore, for older adults with heart failure, telemonitoring may be an important adjunct to home health care services to improve health status...
- Initial efficacy of a cardiac rehabilitation transition program: Cardiac TRUSTMary A Dolansky
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 37:36-44. 2011..Further evidence of the efficacy of Cardiac TRUST is warranted...