Affiliation: University of Southern Mississippi
- The relationship of dietary and lifestyle factors to bone mineral indexes in childrenWendy Bounds
Department of Nutrition and Food Systems, University of Southern Mississippi, 118 College Drive, Hattiesburg, MS 39406, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 105:735-41. 2005..To identify factors related to children's bone mineral indexes at age 8 years, and to assess bone mineral indexes in the same children at ages 6 and 8 years...
- Prevalence of obesity and overweight among children and youth in Mississippi: current trends in weight statusJerome R Kolbo
School of Social Work, University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg 39406, USA
J Miss State Med Assoc 49:231-7. 2008..While the 2007 prevalence was still high, the decline suggests that recent obesity initiatives may be having a positive impact...
- Prevalence estimates of overweight in Head Start preschoolersBonnie L Harbaugh
Department of Child and Family Nursing, College of Health, The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 24:350-9. 2009..The prevalence of overweight in Mississippi Head Start children exceeds national averages, reinforcing the need for early-childhood health promotion and prevention...
- Childhood obesity. Part I. Nurses and families rising to the challenge of overweight childrenBonnie Lee Harbaugh
University of Southern Mississippi, Child and Family Nursing, USA
Nurse Pract 32:30-5; quiz 41-3. 2007
- Nutrition literacy status and preferred nutrition communication channels among adults in the Lower Mississippi DeltaJamie Zoellner
University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 6:A128. 2009..The objective of this cross-sectional study was to examine the nutrition literacy status of adults in the Lower Mississippi Delta...
- Meaningful messages: adults in the Lower Mississippi Delta provide cultural insight into strategies for promoting the MyPyramidJamie Zoellner
The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 42:41-50. 2010..To explore cultural perceptions of the MyPyramid key messages and identify factors that may impact adoption of these recommendations...
- Longitudinal calcium intake is negatively related to children's body fat indexesJean D Skinner
Nutrition Department, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 37996 1920, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 103:1626-31. 2003..To determine if dietary calcium was negatively related to children's body fat (BF), if BF indexes and calcium intakes changed over time, and to identify variables related to BF and calcium intake...
- Do food-related experiences in the first 2 years of life predict dietary variety in school-aged children?Jean D Skinner
Nutrition Department, University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37996 1920, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 34:310-5. 2002..To determine if food-related experiences in the first 2 years of life predict dietary variety in school-aged children...