Affiliation: University of Utah
- PAM50 breast cancer subtyping by RT-qPCR and concordance with standard clinical molecular markersRoy R L Bastien
The ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
BMC Med Genomics 5:44. 2012..Discrepancies between these methods may lead to different treatment decisions...
- Characterization of uncertainty in the classification of multivariate assays: application to PAM50 centroid-based genomic predictors for breast cancer treatment plansMark Tw Ebbert
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
J Clin Bioinforma 1:37. 2011..abstract:..
- A stochastic model of temporally regulated generation of oligodendrocytes in cell cultureK Boucher
Department of Oncological Sciences, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84108, USA
Math Biosci 159:47-78. 1999..Our analysis suggests that the effect of thyroid hormone is twofold: it reduces the mean duration of the mitotic cycle for progenitor cells, and it increases the probability of their transformation into oligodendrocytes...
- An alternative stochastic model of generation of oligodendrocytes in cell cultureK Boucher
Huntsman Cancer Institute, Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112, USA
J Math Biol 43:22-36. 2001....
- Quantitative insight into proliferation and differentiation of oligodendrocyte type 2 astrocyte progenitor cells in vitroA Y Yakovlev
Huntsman Cancer Institute, Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, 546 Chipeta Way, Suite 1100, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:14164-7. 1998..Those O-2A cells that have undergone the critical divisions then may differentiate into an oligodendrocyte in each of the subsequent mitotic cycles with a certain probability, thereby exhibiting the asymmetric type of differentiation...
- Modeling insight into spontaneous regression of tumorsA Yakovlev
Huntsman Cancer Institute, Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84108, USA
Math Biosci 155:45-60. 1999..Given the event of nonextinction, the distribution of tumor size is asymptotically exponential. The limiting conditional distribution of tumor size is in good agreement with epidemiologic data on advanced lung cancer...
- Reasons for declining computerized insulin protocol recommendations: application of a frameworkK Sward
College of Nursing, University of Utah, 10 South 2000 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Biomed Inform 41:488-97. 2008..Applying the framework exposed limitations of our data sources, and suggested ways to address those limitations; and facilitated our analyses and interpretations...
- Variable selection and pattern recognition with gene expression data generated by the microarray technologyA Szabo
Department of Oncological Sciences, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, 2000 Circle of Hope, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5550, USA
Math Biosci 176:71-98. 2002....