Affiliation: University of California
- Concise review: applying stem cell biology to vascular structuresKRISTINA I BOSTROM
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Stem Cells 30:386-91. 2012..Loss and dysregulation of feedback control cause a variety of diseases that involve ectopic tissue formation, including atherosclerotic lesion formation and calcification, diabetic vasculopathies, and arteriovenous malformations...
- Cell differentiation in vascular calcificationK I Bostrom
Division of Cardiology, UCLA School of Medicine 90095 1679, USA
Z Kardiol 89:69-74. 2000..Alternatively, MGP expression may be an attempt to regulate cell differentiation in the vascular wall, possibly by acting as an inhibitor to a factor able to induce cartilage and bone such as bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs)...
- HOXB7 overexpression promotes differentiation of C3H10T1/2 cells to smooth muscle cellsK Bostrom
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
J Cell Biochem 78:210-21. 2000..These findings suggest that HOXB7 plays a role in expansion of immature cell populations or dedifferentiation of mature cells...
- Matrix GLA protein modulates differentiation induced by bone morphogenetic protein-2 in C3H10T1/2 cellsK Bostrom
Division of Cardiology, Departments of Medicine and Physiology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
J Biol Chem 276:14044-52. 2001..Thus, two subdomains had the opposite effect of full-length hMGP, possibly due to different expression levels or domain characteristics...
- Insights into the mechanism of vascular calcificationK Bostrom
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
Am J Cardiol 88:20E-22E. 2001..A potential mechanism that explains these findings is MGP interference with bone morphogenetic proteins-potent inducers of cartilage and bone...
- Matrix GLA protein stimulates VEGF expression through increased transforming growth factor-beta1 activity in endothelial cellsKRISTINA BOSTROM
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Box 951679, Rm 47 123 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
J Biol Chem 279:52904-13. 2004..Together, the results suggest that MGP plays a role in EC function, altering the response to TGF-beta superfamily growth factors...
- The regulation of valvular and vascular sclerosis by osteogenic morphogensKRISTINA I BOSTROM
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 LeConte Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Circ Res 109:564-77. 2011..These inhibitory pathways and their regulators afford the development of novel therapeutic strategies to prevent and treat valve and vascular sclerosis...
- Calcifying subpopulation of bovine aortic smooth muscle cells is responsive to 17 beta-estradiolM Balica
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine 90095 1679, USA
Circulation 95:1954-60. 1997....
- Activation of vascular bone morphogenetic protein signaling in diabetes mellitusKRISTINA I BOSTROM
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Circ Res 108:446-57. 2011..Diabetes mellitus is frequently complicated by cardiovascular disease, such as vascular calcification and endothelial dysfunction, which have been associated with bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs)...