Katarina T Borer
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Nonhomeostatic control of human appetite and physical activity in regulation of energy balanceKatarina T Borer
School of Kinesiology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Exerc Sport Sci Rev 38:114-21. 2010....
- Does exercise affect female hamster gonadotropins by reducing estradiol negative feedback?K T Borer
Division of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Physiol Behav 65:855-61. 1999..Exercise may stimulate hamster gonadotropin secretion by reducing the ENF either by lowering the sensitivity of the HPGA to steroid negative feedback or by other means...
- Circadian blood pressure overswinging in a physically fit, normotensive African American womanKatarina T Borer
Division of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 2214, USA
Am J Hypertens 15:827-30. 2002..These results suggest beta1-adrenergic mediation of CHAT and its refractoriness to exercise training...
- Exercise energy expenditure is not consciously detected due to oro-gastric, not metabolic, basis of hunger sensationKatarina T Borer
Division of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, 401 Washtenaw Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2214, USA
Appetite 45:177-81. 2005....
- Physical activity in the prevention and amelioration of osteoporosis in women : interaction of mechanical, hormonal and dietary factorsKatarina T Borer
Division of Kinesiology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2214, USA
Sports Med 35:779-830. 2005....
- Walking intensity for postmenopausal bone mineral preservation and accrualKatarina T Borer
Department of Movement Science, Division of Kinesiology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Bone 41:713-21. 2007..Exercise intensities leading to bone preservation and accrual have not been adequately defined for humans in general, and postmenopausal women in particular...
- Appetite responds to changes in meal content, whereas ghrelin, leptin, and insulin track changes in energy availabilityKatarina T Borer
School of Kinesiology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2290-8. 2009..Objective: The aim of the study was to examine the influence on human appetite of the meal size and its nutrient content or changes in energy availability and concentrations of ghrelin, leptin, and insulin...
- Two bouts of exercise before meals, but not after meals, lower fasting blood glucoseKatarina T Borer
School of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 49109 2214, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 41:1606-14. 2009..We hypothesized that this phenomenon is caused by postabsorptive state at the time of exercise rather than by autonomic failure...
- Role of Exercise in the Endocrine Control of FeedingKatarina Borer; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings from these studies will extend theoretical understanding of energy regulation and provide insight for improved weight-loss strategies in obese individuals. ..