Katarina T Borer
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Nonhomeostatic control of human appetite and physical activity in regulation of energy balanceKatarina T Borer
School of Kinesiology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Exerc Sport Sci Rev 38:114-21. 2010....
- Does exercise affect female hamster gonadotropins by reducing estradiol negative feedback?K T Borer
Division of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Physiol Behav 65:855-61. 1999..Exercise may stimulate hamster gonadotropin secretion by reducing the ENF either by lowering the sensitivity of the HPGA to steroid negative feedback or by other means...
- Circadian blood pressure overswinging in a physically fit, normotensive African American womanKatarina T Borer
Division of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 2214, USA
Am J Hypertens 15:827-30. 2002..These results suggest beta1-adrenergic mediation of CHAT and its refractoriness to exercise training...
- Exercise energy expenditure is not consciously detected due to oro-gastric, not metabolic, basis of hunger sensationKatarina T Borer
Division of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, 401 Washtenaw Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2214, USA
Appetite 45:177-81. 2005....
- Physical activity in the prevention and amelioration of osteoporosis in women : interaction of mechanical, hormonal and dietary factorsKatarina T Borer
Division of Kinesiology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2214, USA
Sports Med 35:779-830. 2005....
- Walking intensity for postmenopausal bone mineral preservation and accrualKatarina T Borer
Department of Movement Science, Division of Kinesiology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Bone 41:713-21. 2007..Exercise intensities leading to bone preservation and accrual have not been adequately defined for humans in general, and postmenopausal women in particular...
- Appetite responds to changes in meal content, whereas ghrelin, leptin, and insulin track changes in energy availabilityKatarina T Borer
School of Kinesiology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2290-8. 2009..It is uncertain how between-meal variations in energy availability and physiological changes in ghrelin, leptin, and insulin affect appetite...
- Two bouts of exercise before meals, but not after meals, lower fasting blood glucoseKatarina T Borer
School of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 49109 2214, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 41:1606-14. 2009..We hypothesized that this phenomenon is caused by postabsorptive state at the time of exercise rather than by autonomic failure...
- Role of Exercise in the Endocrine Control of FeedingKatarina Borer; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings from these studies will extend theoretical understanding of energy regulation and provide insight for improved weight-loss strategies in obese individuals. ..