Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Physicians' contact with families after the death of pediatric patients: a survey of pediatric critical care practitioners' beliefs and self-reported practicesSantiago Borasino
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, ACC 504, 1600 7th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233 1711, USA
Pediatrics 122:e1174-8. 2008..The objective of this study was to describe pediatric critical care practitioners' attitudes and self-reported practices regarding contacting families after a patient's death...
- Factors associated with pediatric critical care attending follow-up with families after the death of a patient: a national survey with an experimental designSantiago Borasino
University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 12:622-7. 2011..To evaluate components of the family-physician relationship that affect the likelihood of self-reported physician follow-up with bereaved families...
- Inferior vena cava oxygen saturation monitoring after the Norwood procedureRobert J Dabal
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 95:2114-20; discussion 2120-1. 2013..We hypothesized failure to achieve Sivo2 greater than 45% within the first 4 hours after NP is predictive of AE, and that rNIRS correlates with Sivo2...
- Postoperative serum cortisol concentration and adrenal insufficiency in neonates undergoing open-heart surgeryWilliam C Sasser
Division of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Critical Care, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg 3:214-20. 2012..The use of an absolute cortisol threshold to identify adrenal insufficiency and/or guide steroid therapy in neonates after cardiac surgery is unjustified. ..
- Ultrasound-guided femoral vein catheterization in neonates with cardiac disease*Jeffrey A Alten
Division of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 13:654-9. 2012....