Affiliation: University of Missouri
- AAPM/RSNA physics tutorial for residents: topics in US: Doppler US techniques: concepts of blood flow detection and flow dynamicsEvan J Boote
Department of Radiology, University of Missouri, One Hospital Dr, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Radiographics 23:1315-27. 2003..The continuing development of US equipment aims to provide a greater understanding of hemodynamics and the relationship between blood flow and various disease processes...
- Gold nanoparticle contrast in a phantom and juvenile swine: models for molecular imaging of human organs using x-ray computed tomographyEvan Boote
Department of Radiology, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Acad Radiol 17:410-7. 2010..The purpose of this study was to demonstrate the application of gold nanoparticles (AuNP) as a contrast agent for a clinical x-ray computed tomography (CT) system using a phantom and juvenile swine...
- Laminin receptor specific therapeutic gold nanoparticles (198AuNP-EGCg) show efficacy in treating prostate cancerRavi Shukla
Department of Radiology, Harry S Truman Veterans Administration Medical Center, and Missouri University Research Reactor, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:12426-31. 2012..This novel intratumorally injectable (198)AuNP-EGCg nanotherapeutic agent may provide significant advances in oncology for use as an effective treatment for prostate and other solid tumors...
- Functionalized radioactive gold nanoparticles in tumor therapyRaghuraman Kannan
Department of Radiology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
Wiley Interdiscip Rev Nanomed Nanobiotechnol 4:42-51. 2012....
- Radioactive gold nanoparticles in cancer therapy: therapeutic efficacy studies of GA-198AuNP nanoconstruct in prostate tumor-bearing miceNripen Chanda
Department of Radiology, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Nanomedicine 6:201-9. 2010..The findings of significant therapeutic efficacy, good in vivo tolerance and non-toxic features make these particles ideal candidates for future human applications...
- Bombesin functionalized gold nanoparticles show in vitro and in vivo cancer receptor specificityNripen Chanda
Department of Radiology, Harry S Truman Veterans Administration Medical Center, Columbia, MO, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:8760-5. 2010....
- Gold nanoparticle mediated detection of prostate cancer cells using photoacoustic flowmetry with optical reflectanceJohn A Viator
Department of Biological Engineering, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Biomed Nanotechnol 6:187-91. 2010..Finally, we showed photoacoustic response from PC-3 cells suspended among white blood cells in the flow meter to demonstrate our ability to detect single cells under flow...
- An effective strategy for the synthesis of biocompatible gold nanoparticles using cinnamon phytochemicals for phantom CT imaging and photoacoustic detection of cancerous cellsNripen Chanda
Department of Radiology, University of Missouri, 301 Business Loop 70W, Columbia, Missouri, USA
Pharm Res 28:279-91. 2011..The purpose of the present study was to explore the utilization of cinnamon-coated gold nanoparticles (Cin-AuNPs) as CT/optical contrast-enhancement agents for detection of cancer cells...
- Nanocompatible chemistry toward fabrication of target-specific gold nanoparticlesRaghuraman Kannan
Department of Radiology, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:11342-3. 2006..Stabilization of gold nanoparticles by the edible gum arabic matrix has provided an effective pathway toward in vivo stable target-specific gold nanoparticles...